It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

MrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB User
Do I have costochondritis or something else?

I've posted about my symptoms already in this site but my messages get no responses.

I'l make it short.

I'm 31, pain started suddenly december 2011 after an evening of exercise where i had 20 pound weights on my arms and i was doing slowwwww punches while caring them.

I woke up at night i felt like my whole chest had snapped torn....and it was sooo painful.

Anyways, dr told me take advil.. (what a stupid solution) that didn't even work. I stopped. i seeked more help. drs said they didn't deal with that.
So i went to chiro. Found my spine is crooked and he said my ribs are out.and they keep popping out etc because of how my spine is turned(abnormal).

But i dont' have money to keep going to the chiro OR the dr, so i just didn't do anything for the time. It got alittle better but now i'm left with
-Extreme pain when sleep i keep waking up and it feels like my chest rips apart.
-in day time, lifting my arms hurts
-doing quick motions that involve the chest hurt very bad.

Anyways, this doesn't seem like it's going away at all.
It's been like 7months already.

And no i don't have tenderness or pain when pushing my chest with my fingers. Mine is just when i move or when i lay to sleep or lay down when awake.

i feel pretty disabled. i can't lift things for work and i can't lift weight for strengthening exercise.

I have 20 pound weights and it hurts even with those when i do bicep curls

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

babydoll233 HB Userbabydoll233 HB User
Re: Do I have costochondritis or something else?

I am so sorry you are having this pain, costochronditus is painful, mine started in my mid back but radiated to the front of my upper chest. I am taking meloxicam, 15 mgs for about 6 weeks and I still have inflammation, it takes a while to go away and flares up out of the blue for me. An xray will not show anything, but you should see a doctor if you are still having pain after 7 months. It sounds like you popped a rib. You need relief stat! i use a heating pad but my massage therapist told me that i should use a cool towel for inflammation. Let me know how you are doing, take care

Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 AM   #3
(male)

MrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB User

you see how it's not ever going away? Today i was sleeping and woul drepeatedly wake up with aweful chest pain.

if it's a rib popped out then what? The General Dr can't do nothing about it. and even the orthopedics do'nt have much solutions to this either. When this started i did go to the chiro for about 3 weeks but i don't know if it was successful...cause i kept having pain upon laying or sneezing.

annd plus i can't do chiro now anymore, i am unemployed

Old 06-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
(female)

mind mist HB User

I suspect I may have costo too...though I haven't been officially diagnosed. All my symptoms seem to fit, and the medical tests I recently had rule out other sources of pain.

I'm still having problems with flare-ups of rib/sternum pain, but at least it is manageable for now. You might want to try one or more of the following until you can see a doctor again:

-apply a cold pack or towel to the affected area once a day
-if you don't like taking pills, instead rub on a topical anti-inflammatory like Voltaren emulgel or Arnica cream
-during your shower, let the pulsing warm water hit your chest like a gentle massage
-take a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement to help with inflammation and cartilage repair. (note: may take 1-2 months to see results).
-do "very light" arm & chest stretches to keep your muscles from tightening up during healing. I wouldn't recommend lifting any weights during pain flare ups...as it will just re-aggravate the area and start all over again.
-when laying down in bed, place a soft pillow under your arm to help relieve pressure

good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to mind mist:
babydoll233 (06-23-2011)
Closed Thread