It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User
hard to type on computer

I have a great office job which requires typing 40 hours a week. I have costochondritis and when it flares up, I am in absolute agony after about 2 hours on the computer. This is my job so I don't exactly have a choice. What hurts the most is reaching across the desk repeatedly and believe it or not, scooting back and forth in my chair. (The chair is a nice office chair with wheels and adjustable arms.) I have done all I can about the reaching by having everything as close to me as I can get it, but how can I avoid having to move under the desk and back out to get up? Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so, does anything help?

I was actually off work for a while a couple years ago because I couldn't take the pain. My doctor thought I was trying to get out of work and there was no reason why I couldn't do an easy office job. He authorized me to be off work for a few weeks, then told my company there was no reason I couldn't go to work. He almost got me fired. Needless to say, he is no longer my doctor, but it doesn't matter because none of them seem to take this disease seriously.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User
Re: hard to type on computer

I have not received an answer to my previous post. I am now on short-term disability because I cannot type more than 15 minutes or so without excruciating tightness and pain in my chest. I am thinking of having cortisone injections. Has anyone had these and if so, can you tell me if they worked and if you had side effects? I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
(male)

Willfindes HB User
Re: hard to type on computer

Hi , I had a steriod injection into chest (cartilage ) three wks ago but I'm still in pain . I'm going back to see surgeon who may say that my only option is to remove inflamed cartilage . He said before that this will cure problem . . For now, I'm taking co-codamol 30/500mg and a gel called Biofreeze . You spread it on affected area ,which cools and relieves pain . Hope this helps as I know what you are going through .

Closed Thread