It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User
Cortisone injections for costochondritis?

Has anyone had cortisone injections for costochondritis? If so, would you mind answering a few questions for me?
1. Did it hurt to get the shots?
2. Did you have side effects, and if so, what were they?
3. Did it work?
4. How long did you have relief?
Thank you!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
(male)

Willfindes HB User
Re: Cortisone injections for costochondritis?

Had injection but no good . Very painful procedure . Might go for the operation to remove cartilage . I am told this will remove pain all together .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

Lorraine1 HB User

I also had the shots and they didn't help me, either. They just hurt really bad at the time and had me scared for 3 days afterward wondering if my lung had been punctured. The nurse told me AFTER I got the shots to watch for 2-3 days to make sure the doctor didn't hit a lung. I definitely would only consider the shots as a last resort and to make sure you go to a doctor who has plenty of experience with it. My doctor did and he didn't puncture a lung, but it still didn't help. The only thing that did help was to figure out what I was doing to bring the pain on (in my case, it was repetitive reaching over my keyboard at work for papers), and stop doing it. Since I finally healed after 3 months, I have only had minor issues since because I no longer reach over my keyboard. I either keep papers at my side or I do everything online with multiple screens at my job.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
(male)

Willfindes HB User

Hi, that was a quick reply , didn't think you would be on here because of time lapse with your question . Glad to here you have conquered this condition . I had to pack in my job as a hgv driver , pain was to much to bare . Hopefully one day I'll be Normal. Good luck .

Closed Thread