It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

Kellyd7 HB User
Costochondritis - Stomach pain?

Hi !

My name is Kelly, I'm 20 and I was diagnosed with Costochondritis recently after experiencing the symptoms for some time.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has stomach pain with Costochondritis as my Costochondritis symptoms flared up again a few days ago but with them came a horrible dull ache in my stomach. It feels like a stretched muscle although I can't recall doing anything strenuous enough to stretch a muscle, and every so often I'll feel a stab of pain in my stomach, similar (but nowhere near as painful!) to the pain I get in my chest with Chostocondritis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Kelly

Old 09-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
(female)

keeran HB User
Re: Costochondritis - Stomach pain?

Hi kelly, costocondrisis is very painful as it is the tiny muscles between the ribs that have been affected. You should really take it easy for awhile as this can be a slow process forhealing esp if you end updoing stuff like lifting things, forceful coughing or sneezing etc that will cause a relapse in thehealing. Yes you can end up feeling pain in your stomach area. You might try to bind yourself like they do if you have a cracked rib. Other then that and some anti imflammatories and even some ice packs not much else to be done. Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Re: Costochondritis - Stomach pain?

OMG I DIDNT KNOW THIS BOARD HAD BEEN PLACED HERE Ive had this for years and just had the horrible stomach discomfort sorry l cant help you lve had this a long time and its awful l cant believe lve read on well known sites that it should go away after a year YEAH RITE!!!! you cant really do anything other than rest and try not to aggrivate it to flare up its horrible l use heat the cold makes mine worse x

Closed Thread