It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
(male)

MrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB UserMrDister78 HB User
Drs Tell me Costochondritis even though almost a year

i've been told again and gain, since It's been almost a year of having this pain in the chest/rib.. that i have costochoindritis

but mine is not at all as described in texts.

Mine is pain upon movement especially sudden or boxing(exercise) or if i'm crouched down sitting in my chair and then get up i feel some kind of soreness pain.

Or sometimes it just happens really bad when i lay down to sleep..OUCH.. and then sometimes i wake up from sleep and my chest feels like it's about to snap/break so i have to lift my torso up from bed and sit up really quick.

And every time i sneeze it feels an aweful pain in my chest(upper rib on right side)

The first time my symttoms happend.(2010) my chest actually felt like it snapped open and the days after that i couldn't move at all.

I hear about costocondritis , that people feel tenderness upon touch
but i dont feel that.

yet the drs dont know so they just tell me this.
The chiro and another md dr who does believe in spine problems told me my ribs are popping out of place.
I had an accident when kid and also my spine has grown crooked a bit since ihave one leg longer than the other. and my spine is kind of twisted too. So doesn't this explain the reason why i have pain.... ? instead of the general drs just saying i have costochondritis and not there being any explanation for it

Old 09-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: Drs Tell me Costochondritis even though almost a year

Sorry your having so much pain. I have had it most of my life and sometimes when moving it hurts, sometimes I feel like my chest is on fire inside. Sometimes it hurts to the touch and other times it just hurts inside and it really doesn't seem to come on just because I move something or lift anything. I have never had an answer what causes it, just that I have it. If you read here you will see many stories of the same complaint.
With your other problems it could be causing pain also. But I have never heard of ribs popping out? I would think that would be painful.
I use a heating bad when it gets really sore at night sometimes and that helps. I hope you find someone to help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User

Welcome to the club. When I was diagnosed with costochondritis, they said it would go away after a few months and here I am 5 years later. For me, it started out in the middle of my chest but now it sometimes spreads down to my rib cage on my left side. There are times when the pain hurts more just with simple every day movement. The worst is when I get that feeling of someone sitting on my chest when I take deep breaths. Pain killers don't work for me so I just have to tough it out. Luckily the pain is not debilitating, just really annoying

Old 09-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
(female)

brooklynrissa HB User

hii there, im 14 & have costocondritis ...

your pain sounds a lot like mine, i too have a crocked spine i also have multiple spers in my neck. my chiropractor gives me lots of excerises to do, maybe if you ask him/her they will give you some excersises to relieve the pain. i also take aleve and tylonel as much as possible ... hope i was a help! & goodluck with your pain

Brooklyn(:

Closed Thread