It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

samjul HB User
Costo-

Hello
I am new to this site- but not new to the costo pains...lol
Long story short I have had this pain on and off since I was a kid and the dr put it off as growing pains...as I got older in my 20 the pain was worse and I cannot tell you how much time I spent in the ER...Finally after having x-ray heart ultrasound blood work holter monitor and seeing a cardiologist they told me I had costo ...now my costo comes and goes and it can be triggered by anything turning the wrong way ...sleeping the wrong way bending the wrong way even opening a door or picking something up...now in my late 30's (between then and now I have visited the ER more than I like ) ...last time was in late August ...I had x-ray - blood work- ecg - ultrasound ...all came back normal ...I dont know what to do ...and I dont really know anyone who suffers from this....I need someone to talk to that understands me..
I found sometimes if I take hot showers or baths it helps drink hot tea but mostly just lying down and resting is the best ...but I also noticed that the following things will trigger it
UPPER BODY WORKOUT ( twists and arm work)
Weather (either to cold and rain or to humid and rain)
Bending a certain way
Moving a certain way ...
I guess I was wondering what everyone does for relief ....any suggestions .

Old 10-25-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
(male)

Alex2011 HB User
Re: Costo-

Definetely not fun. I don't even feel so comfortable traveling sometimes cause it kills my chest. I can barely even do anything like excersise or skateboard anymore at least at the moment. Hot showers seem to be my best remedy so far. When I'm showering I feel pretty comfortable. Sleep helps a lot too but personally it can be hard to fall asleep sometimes. The occasional motrin helps but I prefer as few pills as possible. Green tea also helps me. I guess overall in my experience taking it easy and keeping distracted seems to help best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
(male)

lifebeinit HB User

I had those symtoms in my early thirties and after 6-7 months ended up with pericarditus cause unknown. I noticed white spots on my nails for years and discovered that by removing milk products the troubles went. Now I have the problems again (3 time) and know I get inflamation from milk and meats. My problems come when I eat these foods, one meal is sufficient to cause this. I guess something is causing you inflamation, doctors seem to ignore this so remove products you guess for a few months
and see if you get better. For me eggs fish bread etc ok who knows ...

Old 05-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Agenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB UserAgenda HB User

I get relief from iced water.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
(male)

Willfindes HB User

Hi, I have had costochondritis for two yrs but only lately has it got worse . I had the injection into chest three wks ago but still in severe pain . I know what your going through . I am on co-codamol 30/500mg which eases the pain . Also try a some cream called Biofreeze , which is a pain relieving gel . Very cold when applied and you can it over counter in most chemists . Hope info helps .

Closed Thread