It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

kim1963 HB User
Living with Costochondritis

I have been suffering from costochondritis now for 8 months . There is never a day without pain , some just more severe than others .My pain tends to move around , I've had it in my back , under my shoulder blades , my sides , my chest , into my arm and always in my ribs on both sides .

Movement , bending , lifting ,wearing a bra , the weather all tend to worsen it . There are days I can't even bend over to tie my own shoes .

In the last 8 months I have learned after seeing 4 different doctors , none really know how to treat this or how to make it go away . I started out on the usual inflammatory medicine a steroid shot and a script for pain pills . None of this helped . After 5 more steroid/ Cortisone shots , muscle relaxers , more inflammation and pain pills I'm still no better than I was at the start . I've tried over the counter meds , Motrin , Ibuprofen , Tylenol , aspirin , alieve , ect .Went the natural route with Noni , glucosamine , fish oil pills , all known to help inflammation . I tried going to a chiropractor , made it worse . As of now I have been going to the center for pain treatment getting a serious of injections into my ribs called prolotherapy . I had great hopes for this . The first two times I went seemed to help but several weeks later the pain was all back once again .

I have learned to control it some . Alternating between ice and heat helps . For me a heating pad has become my best friend . Some pain rubs and cream cut the pain also . For me Vicks vapor rub works best and I've tried everything from icy hot to bengay . The biggest help is lack of movement . Just sitting and not moving with a heating pad or ice pack on .

I've found that a combination of Ibuprofen with Hydrocodone with a wrap/ brace around the ribs will get me to work most mornings .

I hope maybe some of this information will help someone else struggling with this painful condition .

Last edited by kim1963; 12-02-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
(female)

kim1963 HB User
Re: Living with Costochondritis

Thank you for the information .

I will defiantly look into it . Living in Southern Indiana tics are a big problem here and i also own a house cat .

Old 12-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
(female)

kim1963 HB User
Re: Living with Costochondritis

When you had/ have this Bartonella did you have any problem with an overactive bladder ?

I have been having this now for the last 3 months .

Closed Thread