It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

nattie73 HB User
costochondritis

i have this and hate it!i changed my diet as hurting alot but finding i am still getting pain in my chest ribs and back after i eat why does eating cause pain to costo??i read it does but it never says why it does i feel like not eating nothing anymore can someone please tell me why eating would make the pain flare with costo???

Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
(male)

STICKBOYVA HB User
Re: costochondritis

Sounds like GERD, since it's after you eat. Poor diet, can cause inflammation in that area, and make the costo worse. I've been changing my diet and it has seemed to help.
Green tea, pomergrate juice, and anti-inflammatory foods, and no heavy lifting, should help some.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
(female)

nattie73 HB User

yes i do have gastritis but i have low stomach acid i did the baking soda test which confirmed it was low and a stool test which showed low gut flora but probotics do not agree with me so have u any suggestions??sometimes water sets pain off in my chest to

Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Maybe eating smaller amounts several times a day would help? I don't get "pain" after eating but do feel pressure under my ribcage. My guess is that maybe as the stomach expands, it pushes other organs to the ribcage?

I get pain with lifting and anything that's not low impact. It really does suck.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
(female)

nattie73 HB User

mine dsnt just hurt after i eat it hurts other times to i changed my diet and am eating smaller meals dont u think costo is just a symtpon of something esle wrong in the body??yes i think your right my stomach is pushing against my ribs because i get bloated after i eat im doing some private tests i done my thyroid and adrenals which confirmed i have adrenal fatique i just done a blood test for candida antibodies and vitamin b12 awaiting on the results now when did your costo start can i ask woodwalker??i did a low stomach acid test which confirmed low stomach acid i also have gastritis so i really think its all tied in togetheir i did vitamin d and as i took this under my tongue i am sufficent with this i just started using magnesuim to now

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I've been living with costo for over 10 years. It was way worse back then on a constant basis. Had the whole run of Gastric tests and also liver, gallbladder checked. Now inbetween flareups it's always a dull pressure feel like someone is pulling on my rib.
I do take magnesium malate and for the costo it''s made no difference. But it does help my stomach out.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
(female)

nattie73 HB User

did you have all your tests through the nhs?? they never found nowt wrong with me even though few years back i had severe acute pancras attacks that did finally settle after a few months i done stool tests they say i dont digest fats and i have low stomach acid i read it affects the pancras if you have low stomach acid so i guess there was my answer!i done mine all private through genova thyroid adrenals which confirms i have adreanal fatique vitamin d which was sufficent but i did take it orally for a few months under my tongue i also done the candida blood antibody test and vitamin b12 just waiting on the results now from genova do you have acid reflux?? i do but i did a test and its because i have low stomach not to much like the doctors tell you lol i need more infact alot more!I personally believe costo is just symtpon of something not right in the body i never had it till i took lots of antibotics few years ago and drank alot from stress

Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

No reflux since I quit taking NSAIDs. I do get a bit of IBS tho. From what I understand Costo is an inflammation of the cartilage similar to arthritis. I do get swelling and my doc refers to it as Tietze when swelling occurs. I don't believe it's related to anything else with exception of a possible old rib injury. Which if I did have an old injury I don't recall it happening.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
(female)

nattie73 HB User

even fizzy mineral water sets my rib pain and chest off i think anything that causes my stomach to bloat must push up against my ribs i really hate it !

Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #10
(male)

Alex2011 HB User

I wish there were a cure to costochondritis. It's really gotten in the way of my life. Especially as a 23 year old interested in playing music. Constochondritis sucks. I can't believe there's no cure for it.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
(female)

nattie73 HB User

there is always a cure costo is just a symtpon of a injury or disease in the body i been doing alot of research and found costo is mostly found in adrenal fatique and thyroid disease and digestion problems i have adrenal and digestion problems i believe when i get these both better it will get better i seen it in others who have costo dig into your health otherwise you have it all your life - alot of them get better through alternative medicine

Last edited by moderator2; 04-14-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites, for any reason.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #12
(male)

Alex2011 HB User

Interesting. Well personally ive gotten all sorts of tests, even had an endoscopy, been to the e.r. last year, etc... Only thing that has shown is vitamin d deficiency which I'm talking 50000 IU vitamin d for a weeks as prescribed for that. I guess it's always possible taking the right vitamins or supplements could help over time. I want to try taking magnesium again too.

from all the tests ive gotten to date though there doesnt really seem to be anything that suggests what i have is anything but costochondritis. Ive had for over a year now i think.

I could see going on an anti inflammation diet potentislly helping a lot too. I d k, i guess there is hope for codtochondritis.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-14-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website

Closed Thread