It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
(female)

ljt2 HB User
Unhappy severe left arm pain and sharp chest pain

My 26yr old daughter has been having episodes of chest pressure feeling like her chest is going to explode and seperately sharp pain episodes with sever left arm pain. Her echo a year ago was fine several neg ekgs. Her 2 week hater did confirm SVT or Atypical sinus tacacardia, saw new electrophysiologist and they are working on a plan, had blood work which showed no thyroid disease but a dropping feritin (anemia) and low red ct. She has a history of chronic anemia. She just called complaining of above afraid she will die. Says she is burping but reflux med no help. Wonders if she should go to hosp. I dont know what to tell her. She has a cardiac event monitor that just arrived but cant transmitt with it because she only has a cell phone. I hate for her to go out in this pouring rain. Blood pressure normal for her 106/64
frustrated mom

The following user gives a hug of support to ljt2:
SweetPeainSF (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB UserSweetPeainSF HB User
Re: severe left arm pain and sharp chest pain

With chest pain, it's always important to have a medical evaluation to determine whether there is an underlying organ/heart problem. Folks with constochondritis are more likely to die of heart problems because they ignore the pain, thinking it is a flare-up of symptoms. I sure hope your daughter is okay. With the chest pain, arm pain, and tachycardia, she definitely needs to be seen. She could also be having a panic attack, which can cause a sensation of a pounding heart, which hurts because it is beating so hard -- I have had one and am not interested in having any more.

In addition to the heart issue, she may also have constochrondritis. It can be aggravated by stress and her recent health issues must be causing anxiety. I was able to determine that my chest pain was not heart-related, as the area with pain was tender to the touch and ice helped with the pain. I also have a lump in the area where my rib and sternum meet, but the lump was not present when the pain started.

Last edited by SweetPeainSF; 04-24-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread