It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

marygrayp HB User
Pain under right breast-Tietz or costochondritis?

Hello,
New to this healthboard and am desperate for help. I am experiencing soreness and pain on movement and when I breathe under my right breast and into my right arm pit. I had a upper respiratory infection that infection the first part of May 2012 that required a Zpac and developed a nasty cough that lasted and lasted and lasted. Once I coughed very hard and after that I was very sore right in the middle of my chest, and went to the doc and he pressed on my sternum and said "costochondritis". Take ibubrofen and sent me home. The sternum does not hurt now, but my right breast side does. I do self breast exams and there are no lumps. It is not the breast itself that hurts, but the tissue underneath. Any suggestions?

thanks so much,
marygrayp

Old 06-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Pain under right breast-Tietz or costochondritis?

Have you tried taking more Ibuprofen just in case it is still costochondritis? You may need to take a couple of days' worth before you see a result. If that doesn't work, see your doctor again and persist. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Re: Pain under right breast-Tietz or costochondritis?

Wish I could suggest something to help. When my costo is in a flare not much helps. Have not seen any relief with anti inflams. Ice along the spine around nerve just below the bra line just till that spot goes numb on your back will give temporary, short term relief

Closed Thread