It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
(female)

JettyCat HB User
Am I crazy?

OK, so I was diagnosed with Costo about 4 yrs ago, of course I didn't believe the doctor that it could be something as benign as that. I've been in and out of the ER more times than I can count - thank god all tests were negative, EKG, CT brain, etc etc. I have finally in the last 2 wks been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and going for an MRI thurs for my C-Spine. My question is this - and the doctor's look at me crazy and dismiss it, so I hope you guys don't think the same way, but here it goes.

3 yrs ago during intimate relations, I had such a jabbing pain in my chest, like something was being pressed on. It was on the left side and only during penetration. Sorry so graphic, but I need some answers, I wasn't short of breath, it wasn't a heart attack, the pain stopped after we stopped. But DURING, OMG!!! Needless to say, I'm petrified to be intimate because I don't want to experience that pain again.

Could that be costo related?

Thank you!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

JettyCat HB User
Unhappy no response

well my initial post was viewed over 300 times but no responses. i did not mean to offend anyone but the situation is what it is - i can't get any answers from my doctors and no one on this board seems to want to reply. I am at my wits end - all i'm looking for is either confirmation or some one who might have experienced similar symptoms. Yes, they are out of the norm, but please can someone give me an idea of what's wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Am I crazy?

It is possible that costchondritis could hurt worse during intimacy especially related to the weight of your partner on you, if that was the position. Any pressure or movement of the chest wall with costochondritis can hurt. Instead of avoiding relations, you might try a position that keeps your chest free of pressure on it.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

JettyCat HB User

Thank you ladybud

Old 06-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Ladybud gave you a good reply, I 2nd that. Be in control and get on top
your lucky that's the only time it hurts. I had to give up any bra with wire because it would irritate the rib and bring on pain.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettyCat View Post
OK, so I was diagnosed with Costo about 4 yrs ago, of course I didn't believe the doctor that it could be something as benign as that. I've been in and out of the ER more times than I can count - thank god all tests were negative, EKG, CT brain, etc etc. I have finally in the last 2 wks been diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and going for an MRI thurs for my C-Spine. My question is this - and the doctor's look at me crazy and dismiss it, so I hope you guys don't think the same way, but here it goes.

3 yrs ago during intimate relations, I had such a jabbing pain in my chest, like something was being pressed on. It was on the left side and only during penetration. Sorry so graphic, but I need some answers, I wasn't short of breath, it wasn't a heart attack, the pain stopped after we stopped. But DURING, OMG!!! Needless to say, I'm petrified to be intimate because I don't want to experience that pain again.

Could that be costo related?

Thank you!
I think you might be interested to know you aren't alone with your specific injury!!! I too hae Costo (on month 3),however my adventure all started with me destroying my right shoulder (rotor cuff and all) now how odd is that.Im curious to know if you have symptoms like me ? I just found out actually I had this (both problems) plus another small one caused by Lyrica the satan drug that destroys teeth.(took it as a nere suppresant for my shoulder).Anyways below are the symptoms I have could you let me know if you have similar ones given we have identical injuries? FYI The tests i had so far to determine all this are : 2 MRI's one spine to weed out disc,one shoulder where they found problem.4 blood tests,2 urine tests,1 ER visit pain was bad and I didn't know what I had so Anxiety and stress were at max.I had 4 chest x-rays,1 shoulder xray,2 spine xrays,2 lung xrays.I just had endoscopy (gastroscope) because my chest burned and I had blood in saliva only to find out the burning was my ribs near sternium not heart burn (costo) and blood was from gum and teeth damage from Lyrica....bleeding gums.Now being reversed with mouth and gum products so im feeling much better.They weeded out ulcers,Hiatal hernia and other possabilities with the gastroscopy which tuns out my digestive system is more that excellent.

Symptoms of my torn cuff and costo together
1:major back pain and neck tension the first 2 months(couldn't een lie on my back!! Now can sleep fine on my back and sides whatever I want and I don't even wake up anymore

2:First week of costo felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest ,not pain but major tension (now its completely gone),had EKG test,heart checkup etc.
3:major dizziness when my shoulder is acting up especially after a full day its tired and I have a major knot muscle between spine and shoulder blade on right side.I need to tennis ball the area and stretch which helps 90% of the pain to go away.

4:Randomly my ribs hurt near sternium and sometimes shortness of breath,this is where I super calm down and drop my stress and rub the area things go back to normal.Thats when I know i've done too much that day like lifting,motorcyling so I back it off and just read.Costo was 10 times worse 3 months ago ,now some days I can't feel it....ohh and I forgot I got costo and the shoulder from massive weightlifting training I was doing for over a year...thats done by the way lol only cardio.

5:muscles get tense faster (trapezius,neck and rarely but opposite side hurts when im leaning to compensate for the damages shoulder side).Way back at the beginning even my jaw hurt like hell because it was out of alignment from major neck and trapezius tension.I fixed that by getting physio and massages plus oing TMJ exercises so now im 99% normal for the jaw.

6:Lastly in my case I lost 60% of my power on the damaged shoulder side when pushing up so when I try doing stuff like sweeping ,i degrade super fast and then the pain starts,but if I stop it drops off.And my tolerance for stress/anxiety is less than half of what it was before so im going to go see a Psychologist,yes im serious I need tricks to deal with the mental control.I stretch and stay active regardless of the costo ,even if it brings tears to my eyes why? no pain no gain,and it really really helps in the long run.Just control the lifting and what exercise you do and its more than possible to remain active.Somedays just suck more than others , hopefully in three more months the costo will be gone and im starting my treatements for the shoulder Tuesday so I can regain that function to.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
(male)

Willfindes HB User

Hi , I've got costo and had it for a yr . The pains so bad I had operation to inject steroids into cartilage in chest . It did not work , so went back to docs who then gave me a drug called Pregablin . It stopped my pain within a week . I stil have pain if I overdo it but overall I'm feeling much better . You said that this drug rotted your teeth and gums . Is this a side effect from this drug or does it just effect you . I feel your pain .

Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User

My drug was Lyrica that hurt my teeth, now every drug im given i'll always check the side effects before I eat it

Closed Thread