It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

zarla HB User
in so much pain, thought it would go away!

Hi guys,
Ill be brief, but any insights any of you may have will be wonderful, thankyou.
I am hypothyroid, with additional chronic fatigue syndrome, both of which I manage with some success.
I had a bump in the car on the 6th September, didn't think I had hurt myself. On the 10th I landed heavily on my right side after falling off a motorbike I was on. Still thought I was fine as no real related pain, just a bit of achiness afterwards.
On the 15th I started to feel some twinges in my rib cage on the right side, which started small but just got worse. The pain was bad when I laid down, especially on my back, but went away if I changed position& was bothersome but not hard to cope with.I presumed it would go. It did not however,& now the pain is from the back/right ribs round to the front, kind of under my right breast.
It is hard to sit/lie back, doesn't hurt if I can get comfy on my opposite side so I am still sleeping, but during the day it is bad as my job entails some twisting, lifting & moving from the floor to sitting & standing.
I will give it a couple more days to resolve, ill take more ibuprofen & try not to lift or twist, but I wondered if my pain sounds like it could be costo related, or something similar due to the accident, even though I didn't feel pain initially.
I don't think its gallbladder as I've not had any problems with fatty food, nor any kind of stomach pains.
Feeling very hurty though, so any ideas & suggestions would be amazing.
Thankyou for reading.
Zeeteecee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
(male)

Michael949 HB UserMichael949 HB UserMichael949 HB User
Re: in so much pain, thought it would go away!

You fell of a bike and hit your right side, I'm sure that's exactly why you have inflammation in the areas of your ribs. Also, your ribs are connected to your chest wall and sternum, so the pain can be referred to those areas

I've had costochondritis for 5 years now and it's a chronic condition for me, it never goes away. I would go to your doctor and get an x-ray or MRI to see if there was any structural damage from the accident

Old 09-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
(female)

zarla HB User

Yes, I'm beginning to think it is connected to that.ill go see the doc as soon as I can get an appointment, but I supposed till then ibuprofen & resting it will be my only course of action.
Thankyou for your reply, it makes things so much clearer to get another point of view.
Thankyou.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #4
(female)

joyce21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarla View Post
Yes, I'm beginning to think it is connected to that.ill go see the doc as soon as I can get an appointment, but I supposed till then ibuprofen & resting it will be my only course of action.
Thankyou for your reply, it makes things so much clearer to get another point of view.
Thankyou.
hi I also have your symptoms I went to the hospital yesterday had a chest x ray after years of treatment for angina I have been told it is costochondritis going to see the doctor as I take quite a few tablets for angina just at the moment feel a bit mixed up as to why after seven years and stays in hospital its only this cardiologist has found it out I Would certainly go and see your doctor best wishes

Closed Thread