It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
(male)

NoblessCXV HB User
Could I have Consochondritis?

Hi, I'm a 20 year old male and have recently been having some health issues. This all started one night when I was doing absolutely nothing except playing a video game, all of a sudden my jaw started chattering like it was cold then a few seconds later my chest tightened up and my heart started beating really fast. My mother drove me to the ER that night, they did an EKG, blood tests and a chest x-ray but said everything was normal except that my white blood cell level was a little high. A week later I went to a cardiologist and had a second EKG and had the same results. Now it is a month later and I'm having these episodes where I have chest muscle spasms and it tightens up. When it does happen, my heart is beating fast, my left forearm tingles and feels numb, my left foot feels the same way and so does a little part of my cheek on the left. Also it becomes difficult to breathe. After a couple minutes though it goes away but I always feel worn out afterwards. And my chest usually always feels tense and my ribs and sternum are a little sore. But I've read up on this and everyone says this is painful, but I feel no pain from it at all. Can anyone help me out? Also, could this maybe be a sinus infection? I do have bad sinuses and its been stopped up for some time now but there's no pressure present

Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Could I have Consochondritis?

I am not a doctor, but have had costeo on an off for years. Costeo is inflammation fo the cartliadge. What you are describing sounds more like SVT or other electrical issue. I would try a different dr, as simply running an EKG just seems like poor medical practice. There are other tests that they can do to "catch" the issue as it happens.

t

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
(male)

NoblessCXV HB User

Well the tingling feeling after it happens just started this month. Before it would happen I'd just feel worn out and chest a little sore. Also before it does happen, my chest muscles would start twitching before it gets tight. I can usually stretch them before it does but sometimes I don't notice it twitching and it happens

Old 02-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
(male)

jb1edlover HB User

I'm a 40 yr old male, and have similar experiences as you, went to ER, EKG looked good, chest x-ray looked good, they determined it was Costochondritis. I didn't get anything in my legs or arm but the tingling in the face and chest just brought back memories. The first time I had a 4-5 second stabbing pain the middle of the chest, it went away quickly and then I got the tingling in my face followed by heat and felt like I was going to pass out. I also felt worn out a few days after. I was given (naproxyn) and told it would take a while to go away. Well after 3-4 weeks I felt better and basically stopped the meds, forgot more than deliberate.
Then I had the exact same episode, (sharp pain, tingling, and feeling worn out) haven't been back to ER yet, but documenting everything that happens.

Just like you I don't have any pain like everyone else seems to have. I can do most activities without any problems. My problem is when I'm sitting around doing nothing....
I plan to follow this thread as I'm having the same issues.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
(male)

NoblessCXV HB User

Well it's been a little over a month now and I feel a little better. Now that I think about it, it may not have been costocondritis but it sure did fit the symptoms. When I did have a flare up I pressed on my chest a little and felt that it was my lungs expanding thus making my chest feel tight. I have sinus problems from time to time but I never had anything like this. But now I'm sore where my left lung is and having some minor pain around that area but I know it's not my heart

Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
(male)

RayJr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1edlover View Post
I'm a 40 yr old male, and have similar experiences as you, went to ER, EKG looked good, chest x-ray looked good, they determined it was Costochondritis. I didn't get anything in my legs or arm but the tingling in the face and chest just brought back memories. The first time I had a 4-5 second stabbing pain the middle of the chest, it went away quickly and then I got the tingling in my face followed by heat and felt like I was going to pass out. I also felt worn out a few days after. I was given (naproxyn) and told it would take a while to go away. Well after 3-4 weeks I felt better and basically stopped the meds, forgot more than deliberate.
Then I had the exact same episode, (sharp pain, tingling, and feeling worn out) haven't been back to ER yet, but documenting everything that happens.

Just like you I don't have any pain like everyone else seems to have. I can do most activities without any problems. My problem is when I'm sitting around doing nothing....
I plan to follow this thread as I'm having the same issues.
My costo acts up when I am sitting for long periods of time too e.i. sitting at my desk at work or driving for long periods of time.

Reply Reply