It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
(male)

violentwaves HB User
Activities That Cause Flare Ups

So I've been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks. I've had just some minor chest pain and I thought I'd start walking again. I was gradually building up, 1/4 mile, 1/2, 1 mile, 1 1/2 mile, then yesterday I decided to go 2 miles. Well, big mistake. It caused a major flare up and I am now in loads of pain! Does anyone else get pain/flare up's from excessive walking? What other activities cause you pain? For me, breathing (obviously!), excessive use of my left arm, lifting, bending/leaning, sitting, twisting, stress!! and that's pretty much the jist of it. So how about you? Feel free to share!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
(male)

Anchor HB User
Re: Activities That Cause Flare Ups

I use to get it from just anything breathing , hiccuping was the worst, I got it when I was 12 now I'm 16 physical theropy help alot strenthen the chest gradually but it takes a long time I had it total a year and a half on and off its worth it though I am very active I can work out with minor swelling or it hurting but still get the flare ups and attacks just not as often and not as easily as breathing or hiccuping

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
(female)

FERRARI123 HB User
Re: Activities That Cause Flare Ups

Hi
I feel your pain ...I find that I am like that as well...anything will trigger it and I finally found someone else who;s arms hurt with this costo I thought it was only me ..the only thing I can recommend is building up slowly ...that is what I am doing ...low impact cardio 3x a week for 30 min ...I find if I go to the next level right away I get in pain ...but at least your doing it and beleive it or not but for me I usually feel better after I walk or do my cardio ....but then again there are days I am in pain ...hot baths or showers ...messages ...adivil or aleve ...these are the things that work for me and avoid anxiety and stress ...I know it can be scary at times but we have to try to remain calm becuase we know what we have but are still trying to find ways to deal ...these are the things that work for me...
I am NOT a dr...if you are still in pain without any doubt go see your DR ....wishing you a speedy recovery .

Closed Thread