It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

Ladypeace444 HB User
Unhappy Costochondritis - very painful, right side

Hi to all! I have had costochondritis for 5 years. I am just newly retired and 66 years old. It was worse when I had to commute 3 hours daily because of the position I was sitting in when driving was putting pressure on my lower ribcage. I just got back from the doctor because I am having a flare up again, a BAD one.... He said it is really aggravated by STRESS. I am in a very stressful time right now- just had a bad auto accident and was injured in November 2012 (rear-ended). Doc said he could give me 10 days of oral steroids that would help reduce the inflammation, but I don't like the side effects, so I declined. He gave me Vicodin for the pain. For all you costo sufferers out there just know that it can come and go - it even disappeared for me for almost a year once. It does get better when there is less stress in my life. So my advice is for all of us to lessen stress whenever and wherever we can! I know that that isn't an easy thing to do, but that is the only weapon against it that I know of....

Reply Reply