It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Costochondritis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

lilcee HB User
Does costochondritis do this?

I've been having a pain in my right side of my chest - just to the right of my breast bone - and in my sternum and ribs. My Dr doesn't think it's heart or lung related and said it could be costo. I thought so too but all I've read said it hurts on the left side. Mine is always on the right side. I also get an ache - not really a pain but an ache - and sometimes a burning or cramping feeling in my upper abdomen - just below my sternum. It hurts to press on any of these areas. Another thing is after I eat or drink something, I hiccup once or twice and it hurts in my diapram.

What I was wondering is, does costo hurt in the upper abdomen or does this sound more digestive? My Dr gave me something for inflammation that has nexium in it.

Another thing is I've been going to a chiropractor and it seems like this pain has gotten worse.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Does costochondritis do this?

Costochondritis can hurt on either side. It doesn't normally cause pain in abdomen or hiccups, but hiccups could certainly hurt when your sternum and rib cartilage gets jarred. Do you have problems with excess stomach acid? The Nexium with the anti-inflammatory will help that, and allow you tolerate the medication for the costo.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread