It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #1

denniss HB User
i have crohns and colitis this will help

anyone with crohns or colitis try colonics and enemas.it was the only thing that would help.
i was so sick i couldnt drink a glass of water,it would go through me.i lost 22 lbs and the meds the doctor was given me wasnt helping.i have a colonic done every week and 2 enemas a week,to keep my colon cleaned out.its been a year now and i havnt been sick yet.
anyone that has colon trouble please try it at lease,i was gald i did.it feels good to not to be sick.
anyone wants to know more be gald to tell them.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: i have crohns and colitis this will help

Actually.....one cannot have CD and UC at the same time. But, Crohn's in the colon is called Crohn's Colitis, is that what you have?

I would definitely pass on the colonics...

It's good you're doing better....but what other changes have you done?

Are you eating regular food?

What were the meds you were on?

How often do you have colonics and enemas?

You're not giving us the whole picture...just a testimonial not based on much (which doesn't hold merit from my perspective)

It would be greatly appreciated.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 12-17-2004 at 11:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2004, 06:00 PM   #3

denniss HB User

Well from what i understand the doctor said that both do run together,AM not a doctor but thats what he said.
I do have to still watch what i eat am far from being cured,just living with it.
I have found out to try colonics and enemas from others,when the meds dont work.And when u dont want to take the dangerous meds. that can kill you.I know this to be true because my dad is dying,not because of crohns but because of the meds. he took over a period of time.Am not saying its for every single person its something to try,it does work,did for me and others that i talked to.
I get one colonic a week and two enemas a week,and will soon start implant enemas with herbs for crohns.
I dont know if your a doctor or if you know what it feels like to have crohns,but if one can make another one beat the crohns sickness its a great feeling.Believe me i been through it.

Old 12-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

The early stages of CD can look like UC.....but you cannot have CD and UC at the same time. No, I'm not a doc but I did ask my gastroenterologist for clarity and it was a firm NO. Plus, there's no research listed that one has one plus the other. But, what seems to be listed is that the testing cannot clarify when CD in early stages follows the disease path (starting at anus/rectum) of UC.

As well, the term colitis just means inflammation in the colon, methinks you might have misunderstood a term. But, if you have CD in the colon, it's colitis for sure, but not ulcerative colitis. It's term is Crohn's Colitis.

How unfortunate that your dad is doing poorly, and yes meds can sometimes cause side effects developing into separate diseases worse than the illness itself. Especially if other organs are affected by either the CD or the medications.

Herbs are still medications in my mind.....and if you're getting implanted meds in the colon...is that going to affect the whole colon? Where exactly in the colon is your CD?

CD can happen anywhere from mouth to anus....I fail to see how colonics and herbal enemas can stop it from cropping up elsewhere. There is no known cure for CD....

Regardless of how I perceive those types of treatments, I do hope you feel better.

Regards,
quincy

Old 12-21-2004, 06:28 PM   #5

denniss HB User

I have it in the upper and mid colon,and in my rectum.i have a lot of flares up in my rectum even with colonics and enemas,but they are not as bad with the colonics and enemas.
Maybe you are right,i might have misunderstood the doctor.but i know he said both names crohns and colitis.And it seem like he was telling me that how it all works together.
Am not saying this is a cure,but that i havnt been sick after i started colonics and enemas,and its been one year this month.Am not sure how its going to affect the colon,but one thing is sure that i do know is am a lot better and feel good.And its been years that i felt this good.
You might not understand how it works,u might not have crohns ,you might not had the sickness others had with crohns.But has helped me a lot,and it would have to help others with crothns and or colitis.I mean i cant be the only one this is going to help.
Anyone out there that has crohns or and colitis try it for a few months,thats all am saying.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi,

And anyone who would want to try colonics would have you available to ask. That's what's great about these boards.

I don't have CD, I have UC limited to rectum/sigmoid....diagnosed 16 years ago.
I use Asacol and Salofalk retention enemas (same as Rowasa in the US) increased during flares and then tapered to a maintenance of once a week or so.

I can eat almost anything I want, make sure MOST of it is healthy and so far bms are happening normally, flares are quickly dealt with, and so far my UC hasn't spread (as a matter of fact it's never been as bad as it was when I was first diagnosed).

When everything goes awry, I'll at least remember the colonics as one of possible options!

Keep well,
quincy

Old 12-22-2004, 01:18 PM   #7

denniss HB User

The way colonics and enemas work from what am told that they keep the the bowel fushed out from infection that builds up it the bowel,in the ones that have crohns and colitis.which keeps you from getting sick as often,and flare ups.It made sense to me so I had nothing to lose so i tried it for a couple months,gald I did.
I was on rowasa enemas also for many months and they worked well for me also.But I stopped taking them to see what would happen,becuase i was on the colonic and enema program.And I did change at all ,no sickness.I keep up on the program am on now,so far so good.
The only thing,my bowel movements are not normal,after i got anything from running through me that I did eat,i have bad trouble with conspation.thats where the enemas come in to help clean me out.And with conspation the flare ups in my rectum is bad.So am bad and forth with colonics to fush out my bowels and enemas for fushing and conspation.I will soon starting enema implants with herbs,my doctor that does these said that they have good results with crohns.
Even that I have trouble with the conspation,thats ok i can deal with that,long as am not sick,cant deal with that.I had my food running through me for over 10 years,and run to the bath room 8 to 10 times a day.My life is much better now,I can deal with it.

Old 12-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I also have crohns. I can't see how the enemas would help everyone with it, depending where in the colon the crohns is located. Enemas only go so far into the colon. The worst place mine is active at is where the large and the small colon meet and no enema is going to reach that far. i've never tried the colonics that does sound interesting. I will check into that I think. My doctor also told me to limit how many enemas I use because the bowel can become used to them. Good luck and I hope things continue working for you.

Old 12-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #9

denniss HB User

hi twisten,am not sure enemas would help everyone,but i believe they could help others.yours is pretty far up there,but am sure a good colonic would.enemas help me fush out and conspation.My doctor that your bowels already mess up so enemas cant hurt you that bad,that they help keep the bowel clean.And that keeps infection out and that helps from getting sick.
I been to a lot of different doctors,i even had one doctor told me that its not possible to get crohns in your rectum.Well i found out real quick thats not true.I have it in my rectum,you be surprise that some doctors know little about crohns.
I have found out the trick to staying well it to keep my colon cleaned out,i dont care if i have to do enemas every night,long as i dont get sick.
how long have you had crohns,twisten? And what do you do to control it?
Have had it for about 18 years now,and sure had a hard time with it,until the last year.
Am 49 now,hope you try the colonics out,just have to find someone that does them thats the hard part,but if you live in a big city shouldnt have any trouble.Am in louisville,ky and only two people here that does them.good luck

Old 12-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User

I'm near a small city in Alberta Canada so I doubt if we have any here that do colon cleansing but I'll check. I've only been diagnosed for 3-4 years. Usually when I have a bad flare I go on IV fluids, IV steroids, imuran and asacol. I totally agree that lots of docs know nothing about cd or uc. I have one like that right now!! At least she will work with me though not like some that are set in their own ways. Good luck with everything. I'll let you know if I find anyone near me who does the colon cleansing.

Closed Thread