It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #1

rottlover HB User
Question help, I have Crohn's now I think maybe psoriasis

Hello All! To start everything off I have Crohn's disease. I got diagnosed about a year ago. I really didnt have many problems. They diagnosed me after a colonoscope. I just recently started to have really bad stomach cramping, it was to the point of being doubled over in pain. I went to the DR and he gave me a stomach relaxer. That helped a lot. Well now my legs are starting to cramp up a lot, my hips are hurting and my elbows hurt a lot. Today I was scratching my arm and found this little spot right above my elbow that is about the size of a pea. It is mostly white (like dry skin) with a red ring around it. My hands are extremly dry. To the point of cracking and bleeding and the skin has changed colors to almost a redish-brown. Between my fingers it is dry and broken up. My hands are so bad that they hurt a lot. I have slept with many different types of lotion on them and even tried an antibotic ointment on them. They have not gotten any better. I am wondering now that I have found this other spot if it is not psoriasis? I am wondering if there is any one else that has Crohn's that has this problem? Is this part of the Crohn's? Any infomation would help? Thanks in advance.

Rottlover

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2005, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: help, I have Crohn's now I think maybe psoriasis

Hello... there is a link between auto-immune disorders such as Chrons and skin disorders like psoriasis.. It sounds like eczema, thats just my guess, although I don't believe there is a cure, it is very treatable. I would take your concerns to a dermatologist, and until then you can try over-the-counter remedies, like Cortizone-10(cortisteroid lotions/creams), antihistamines (which help stop the itching), and even evening primose oil...

You could try tanning too and see if that helps at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread