It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

nikki2006 HB User
Crohns disease symptoms

Hi,

I am playing dective while waiting for blood test results and wonder if anyone may be able to help..

over 5 years ago i had a resection for crohns disease, since then i have had no symptoms, well up until recently perhaps..

a few months ago i had 4 or 5 episodes where i got a sharp pain under the ribcage lasting up to 5 hours or so, like gallbladder im told, the dr sent me for a scan witch did confirm gallstones and im due to see the speicalist next week to discuss taking it out, however my complaints went from that pain to an uncomfortable bloating, i havent exprianced that pain in a few months but it seems to have been replaced by this bloating witch i have had for about a month and a half, well, now that has lessened in the last week, its still there after i eat but not to the extent that it was and instead i have cramps in my lower left side, right before i have to dash to the bathroom, then the pain disapears. i felt so tired this past week that i skipped work on tuesday and went to the doctor, my main complaint not so much the pain because it isnt that intence, but the bloating (as it makes it uncomfortable to eat) and tiredness, i did tell him of the cramps but i called it stomache pain and after he felt my stomach, after pressing down near my hipbone said it wasnt stomache but large colon and has ordered blood tests that apparently quite accuratley will tell if it is a reacurence of crohns disease, i guess what i am confused about it, is, could this all just be due to gallstones? when i was diagnosed with crohns years ago, my symptoms were nothing like this, i had vomiting bad but no diarreah and the stomache pains were most definatly as soon as i ate and were extreamley intence, anyone had simalar symptoms with crohns? bloating, diareah, cramps with urgency to go but witch seems to make cramping disapear?
i hope this diddnt sound to muddled hehe, like most of you, i hate waiting on test results, drives me nuts! thank you to anyone who responds

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #2

rottlover HB User
Re: Crohns disease symptoms

i was diagnosed with crohns a little over 2 years ago. I had constant diarrhea up to like 10 to 12 times a day., pain in my stomach, and fistula. The pain in my stomach got to be so bad that I would double over in pain. i have been on meds since i was diagnosed am feel somewhat better. I hope I helped some.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #3

Cyborg_Ninja HB User

I have supposedly "mild" Crohn's disease where I also have only the symptoms you mentioned. I get bloated and have pain in my RUQ, and stabbing pain in my RLQ. I've had a couple times where I had pain in my left side but it was so rare that I think nothing of it. I think the gallstones can be a sign that your Crohn's has relapsed, but then again people get them even without Crohn's or another digestive problem. I don't think my blood tests ever accurately conveyed my Crohn's. I just have a slightly elevated WBC but within range.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
(female)

nikki2006 HB User

thanks guys, today i rang for the blood results and the one thats tests bowel isnt due back until april!! so all i no is that i have low iron, and atm am getting bouts of pain on the lower right side, a little sharper than what i orignally went to the doc with.
so i guess i have to wait until april, and just do like the doc says and take the pentasa and fibre as instructed, april seems so far away! thank u for your responses

Closed Thread