It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
(female)

Racheldee HB User
Question Adrenal problem?? with Crohn's and anaemia - opinions please.

Hi

I'm not dx'd with Addison's but I think that I may have an adrenal problem of some kind. I have an appointment with my GP next Monday and I will ask her to do some tests.

I would really appreciate your opinions on whether this could be adrenal related before I go to the Drs. I'll try to keep it as short and concise as possible.............

I have Crohn's disease and have had anaemia on and off for some time so I never have a huge amount of energy! I thought that once I got the Crohn's diagnosed (2 years ago) I would start to feel better which I haven't.

The last few months I've felt even more worn out than before. The mornings seem to be so hard - I feel completely drained of energy as soon as I get up and I have to keep sitting down and resting. I'm always late getting my kids to school.

The brain fog has got worse - I have these really vague periods where I can't think straight, I'm always forgetting things and I can't concentrate.

I went to the doctors in April as I was feeling really down, like I didn't have any motivation, energy or desire to do anything. He said my thyroid level was low but not out of the normal range so I ended up with anti depressants.

I have no sex drive at all.

At times I get dizzy when I stand up - not all the time. Sometimes my vision goes black for a second.

At the end of May this year, I had a 'funny turn'. I thought I was having a heart attack and called the ambulance. I kept getting these waves of feeling like I was going to pass out. The hospital decided it was a panic attack. I still got them for next 24 hours then they went off. Strangely, this was first day that I had taken my newly prescribed anti depressant (Citalopram) but they said it wasn't a reaction to that.

About 2 months ago I had a bad stomach ache that wouldn't go off, then I started vomiting and had diarrhoea. I went to the hospital and was kept in. I was dehydrated so they put me on a drip overnight. They initially thought it was a Crohn's flare as my bloods showed signs of inflammation but they decided it was gastro enteritis.

Since then I've felt nauseas practically every day, my legs feel really weak and ache. I've developed a yellowish colour in my arm pits. There are other areas of skin that seem to have a faint browny yellow tinge to them like the ends of my fingers where the nails start. It's not very noticeable but I know it's different to what it was a couple of months ago.

Yesterday I felt really strange again. I felt sick all day, then I started to get these waves of feeling like I was going to pass out again (like I did the first time). It didn't feel dizzy like in my head, more like my heart was going to stop. It was horrible. Anyway I went the doctors and the results of the blood tests I had last week showed my iron was slightly down and that I still had signs of an infection.

My back aches - I get a lot of lower back ache and also higher up at the sides.

I eat a lot of savoury, salty stuff - it seems to be all I fancy most of the time. I've even gone off chocolate!!

Forgot to add that I seem to be sweating a lot more. Also I wake up nearly every night at around 3 am.

Sorry if this went on a bit!!

I suppose the main questions I have are -

Does this sound like an adrenal problem?

If I'm anaemic, does that make the likelihood of having an adrenal problem less?

If you have an adrenal problem can that affect your white blood count. (is it more likely that my abnormal blood count is to do with Crohn's)

Thanks
Rachel

Last edited by Racheldee; 08-15-2006 at 06:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread