It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Could this be Crohn's Disease

Does anyone have Crohn's Disease?

I would love to learn more about it, I think I might have it. I have celiac disease, so I'm extremely careful not to eat gluten.
Anyway, here are my symptoms:
* loose, frequent stools
* extreme bloating after I consume ANYTHING. sometimes it hurts so badly I need to lay down
* pain from in my abdomen (more on my right side to center). The pain goes all the way to my back and feels like it's pushing on my spine
* pain throughout the day. It gets worse when I exercise/move around, but does not hurt if I press on my stomach (so I ruled out apendicitis)

What do you think? If it's not Crohn's, could it be ulcers? I really think it is something to do with my intestines since the area that hurts seems fairly large.
Thank you so much for your help!

Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

serene_04 HB User
i doubt it

hello innerstrength86, i have crohns and ive had it for 5 years and have suffered through the worst of it. and the pain from crohns is soooooooooo unbearable. it gets so bad you fall to your knees,shake from the pain,cry, and wish someone would put you out of your misery. i never even knew the human body could even endure so much pain and stay alive. i cant express or describe how horrible and excruciating this is. so unless you have felt this way with your pain, then i think your pretty safe. you could have some other digestinal problem like ibd with alot of gas.depending on what you eat, can cause your body to overproduce gas and gas can be very very painful as well, especially if you have an irritated bowel. the only way to really know is to go get checked.doctors can do bloodwork or even a colonoscopy to get to the root of it.and i have intestinal ulcers from crohns and i have had alot of rectal bleeding. so depending on where you have ulcers can mean alot of things. go see your doctor as soon as possible. its better to know what you have and get treated soon, then to let it go and go and not treat it until it gets worse.i hope you find some answers soon. good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: Could this be Crohn's Disease

Have you ruled out the possibility of you being glutened by cross contamination? How long have you been 100% GF? Oftentimes it can take awhile for your intestines to heal and for your body to get back to "normal".
PCOS

Old 06-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Re: Could this be Crohn's Disease

Thank you so much for your responses!

I guess it wouldn't be Crohn's then, because the pain comes and goes, is really bad sometimes and minor others. It's like a stabbing pain, and each time I take a breath it hurts more. I went to the doctor last week and he ran some blood tests, so I'll be finding out more tomorrow at my follow-up visit. He didn't think it was Crohn's either.

I also gained weight really fast (my doctor said I'd be losing weight from Crohn's) this last month and am extremely tired. I've been exercising and eating "right" so it's really alarming to me. I'm getting my thyroid tested too, but that wouldn't be causing pain down there...

I think the pain is more in my back, right side. When it throbs and I press on the area, it feels like it jolts forward (kind of like the feeling when your stomach drops, except this time it's a movement from back to front). I don't think it's a kidney issue because I don't have any urinating pain/problems. (I'm also getting tested for that though)

I've been gluten-free for over a year. I've been really careful with what I'm eating; I RARELY (like once every two months) eat out, so I couldn't imagine my pain being from that.

Closed Thread