It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

adamwalkley HB User
Morphine Dose? Crohn's Disease

Hello,

I have crohn's disease and at the moment it's very active. Im on Morphine sulphate tablets.

At the moment im taking 1000mg twice a day. I take Zomorph Modified Release tablets. People i've spoken to say that it's a very high dose and im worried what long term side effects it's going to have on me. I've been on this dose for over a year now. I was started on it after major surgery i had went wrong. I had a Panproctocolectomy (the permanent removal of my colon, rectum and anus) in april 2006. What could have gone wrong, went wrong and i spent a total of 6 months in hospital last year.

I'd just like to know if anyone else out there is on morphine, how it makes them feel, what dose they're on etc. I just feel very lost at the moment and the doctors that i see don't seem concerned or helpful. Kindest regards, A.W.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Morphine Dose? Crohn's Disease

sorry for what you have been thru and continue to deal with.thats a pretty extreme situation.if you go down to the pain management boards,you will find many people who are in your situation having to take high doses of narcotics just to try and live some level of life with tolerable pain.tho your dose may seem high to many people,it does seem a bit high to me too and i am in pain management,it is all relative to your level of pain and how you arrived at that dose over time.being titrated up to a dose that actually works for someone is very different than someone just taking that high of a dose outright,you know what i mean?that dose you are on would kill most prople who had never used narcotics or been on MS before,but it is 'your' dose that works for your pain.very highly individual stuff there when it comes to narcotics and chronic pain.just pop into the pain boards,alot of good knowledgable people there who are all suffering with pain like us. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread