It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

amberwalsch HB User
Lightbulb What are YOUR Chrohns or IBS symptoms?

So... after struggling for months without a sure answer as to whether I have IBS or Chrons... I have come to the healthboards seeking numerous examples of those with both IBS or Chrons and their symptoms. I thought posting this thread may make it easier, and I was hoping that some of you would participate.

If you could please (I know it's personal, but would be greatly appreciated), list your symptoms that go along with your corresponding illness (either IBS or IBD). Whether you have been fully diagnosed, or you are currently seeing a Dr. and the direction in which they are pointing you towards- please share your symptoms.

Thanks so much in advance for the participation. It is all VERY much appreciated!

Best of health to all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #2
(female)

LadyT123 HB User
Re: What are YOUR Chrons or IBS symptoms?

I have IBS I am almost 100% positive. My IBS is caused by 2 issues. One is stress related and the other is food combinations esp acid related. I will give you 2 examples. I found out my unlce died 2 weeks ago 9 am in the morning, I had eaten breakfast about 20 min before the news, within 10 minutes of this news I had diaherra, this is stress induced, mostly its bad stress not just annoying everyday things. 2nd example is I cannot eat to many acid related drinks or food in the SAME day that is the key. If I have coffee at breakfast, hot sauce with wings for lunch and a alocholic drink at dinner by bedtime I will have diaherra. Does this mean I always follow what I know, of course not, I have to get use to this and I have had it for 6 years. I sometimes forget. This came about when I turned 30. I have researched all the other bowel disorders and this fits best for that I think I have. I am planning on a colonscopy this summer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
(female)

amberwalsch HB User

Hello LadyT-
Thank you so much for responding to my thread. I am sooo very sorry to hear about your uncle...you are in my prayers. I hope you find some relief with your IBS, and good luck with your colonoscopy. I hope you can keep everything under control!

Warm wishes!

Old 04-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

I have IBS and my symptoms are as follows:

diarrhea and constipation alternating
a lot of gas, especially when eating anything spicy or fibery
rumbling tummy noises
bloating of stomach area
feeling impacted in the colon
indigestion
constant thirst

I also had surgery to remove a portion of my bowel, which I was told would aggravate my IBS, but the surgery had to be done due to severe diverticulitis. I am also lactose intolerant and have had my gall bladder removed.

I hope this is what you were looking for! BTW, I am not on any type of medication to control my IBS. I do take thyroid medication and blood perssure medication.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
(female)

amberwalsch HB User

Redneon-
Thank you so much for the post! I wish you the best of health!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
(female)

dustspeck1 HB User

i was diagnosed with crohn's back in august of last year (scope done with multiple ulcers found, strictures in terminal ileum). my symptoms have gotten better with treatment (pentasa, entocort, prednisone and now i am on 6mp). i always thought my stomach was just sensative to foods and have always had d, for many years. i had a feeling i had something really wrong with me when i started with the stabbing pain in my upper center abdomen. the type of pain where you can't move or even take a breath. you are just buckled over in pain. anyways, my bm's have gone from upwards of 15 times a day to about 6-8 urgent d episodes. i still have pain in my upper abdomen and also on my right side (where i have strictures/scarring) to the point i do take percocet prn. i am also anemic and recently told i have osteopenia due not being able to absorb vitamins and minerals. so there you go!

good luck with getting better!

Old 04-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
(female)

amberwalsch HB User

Dustspeck-
Thanks so much for sharing your symptoms. I hope you get some relief and that the meds can continue to help you!

Best of health!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
(female)

dustspeck1 HB User

thank you

Old 09-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
(female)

colleenrose HB User

I've had chrons for about 9 years. Started taking asacol after 5 years i had to start iv infusion called remicaid. Started that about 6 weeks ago. Seems to be working. I have it every 8 weeks now i pray it works. My symptons, stomach pain and cramps, nausea, fever, back ache. The worst pain i have ever had. Just stay away from raw vegetables, salads, spicey food, nuts etc.my dr. Put me on a low residue diet. Good luck

Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #10
(female)

StephB HB User

I get diarrhea (sometimes bloody sometimes not), low abdominal pains near right hip, back aches, nausea and vomiting, anemia, white things that form on my tonsils (apparently this is due to the intestines not working properly, one way i can tell a flare up is coming), i sometimes run a low grade fever-normal temp is 97.3 and a "fever" with a flare up is like 98. I have no appetite, and will become very gassy. I do get "phantom kicks", most women associate it with feeling like they are pregnant and the baby kicking i get this but it must be due to gas/air moving around causing it to do that way.

I was originaly diagnosed with Crohns in 1999, then in 2007 I was told it was Ulcerative Colitis. I have been taking Asacol and I take 2-3 pills 2-3 times a day (so 6-9 total a day) depending on how things are.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

I have both Crohn's disease and IBS lol. It's crazy. I have upper left stomach pain and upper middle stomach pain I take Ultram for that. I am constipated a lot then out of nowhere I have diarrhea for a while. I run fevers between 100 to 102. I get really gassy no matter what I eat. Nausea sometimes vomiting, back pain and eye swelling, mouth problems (swelling tongue gums etc..) Now trying to figure out what one is going crazy lol. I thank thats it.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
(female)

jesvan HB User
Re: What are YOUR Chrohns or IBS symptoms?

I have Colitis, Gastritis and some other issues. I'm waiting for some test results for come back. I just had a colonoscopy and and endoscopy on Tues and that is what they told me. I have had made many trips to the bathroom since May, lost about 20 lbs, stomach pains, back pain, neck pain.
Have you seen a doctor yet?

Closed Thread