It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Do you have colitis?

Who here has joint pain associated with their colitis? Can you describe your joint pain? Mine is either sharp stabbing, puslating or lasts over an hour and feels like someone is crushing my bones. Dr thinks this COULD be connected to possible colitis. I read that joint pain is usually present with this.

?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

bingo lil HB User
Re: Do you have colitis?

hi i'm a newbi so i hope you dont mind me writting, but yes i have pain in my ankles my hands my hips my legs, i have asked my doctor if this is anything to do with my colitus but he dose no say either way. i think it has got something to do with it.

bingo lil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

I had migratory arthritis a few years ago. It went along with my crohn's symptoms. They treated me for crohn's even though the colonoscopy only showed some inflammation. I did get better on the asacol and endocort... but after a few flare ups and the meds not working (over a year later) they said I did not have crohn's and we still go on looking. My joint pain was really bad back then and could be in any joint at any time, mainly my knees/elbows but also in my toes and fingers! It can be a symptom of any autoimmune disorder.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Wow thanks for this info. Can you offer feedback in reference to your joint pain? I have been to 12 drs now trying to find out what is wrong. I am going in for a colonoscopy on 8-8 for left sided pain (which gi thinks could be colitis)

My joint pain can either hit an area for 30 seconds, like a quick jab or pulsated for 30 minutes, or last an evening. The pain an hit my fingers, ankles, toes and spine. Does this sound like your joint pain? I have no inflammation or redness. I have had so many tests thus far all has been okay. Getting echo tomorrow for possible endocarditis as it has similiar symptoms

Thanks for feedback...these pains scare me and I have had them 7 wks now.Some days are btr then others

Old 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

My joint pain is gone now, but it was an aching that lasted for hours at a time and it would move (hence "migratory") - it would be my knees and an elbow for a day, then different joints another. At night my toe and finger joints would hurt! My blood tests showed inflammation so they could see there was a problem, but it was my GI that told me it was called migratory arthritis. I never got stabbing pains, just aching that could get intense and made it all I could focus on "ohhh my knees hurt" kind of thing.

I don't know what made the pain go away. I was treated for Crohn's for about a year, so maybe the steroids I was taking? Most likely. I was well, no symptoms what-so-ever for over a year. I now have more GI issues but no joint pain.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
(female)

fifistoosh HB User

I have had UC for 22 years now and have only recently began to get joint pain. I did have pain in my knees when I was pregnant but I think that was due to being the size of a whale!

My pain is in my fingers, they kind of ache in the bones but if I knock them the pain is excruciating and shoots through to my wrists. This is connected to UC. I get aching legs some evenings too, not sure whether thats just my age as I am over 40 now!

I have excema on my hands, thats also connected.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Does colitis always have to have blood in stool and diarehea?

The constant left sided pain is annoying, gets VERY sharp at times that I cant move. Anxious for my scope, hope its not colon cancer

Closed Thread