It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

nluc04 HB User
how long does an ulcerative colitis flare-up last?

how long does an ulcerative colitis flare-up last?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
(female)

nicola172 HB User
Re: how long does an ulcerative colitis flare-up last?

im a new sufferer to ulcerated colitis.....aged 40 female.....ive had 2 attacks.....the first one lasting 18 days.....the second more severe......18 days before they could control it.....as oral medication didnt work.....i was admitted into hospital for 7 days with steroid injections...........this was back in late october.....havent had a bm since.....something has gone wrong......was it the medication......who knows.....hope this helps you.....nicola

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #3
(female)

50isbestsofar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola172 View Post
im a new sufferer to ulcerated colitis.....aged 40 female.....ive had 2 attacks.....the first one lasting 18 days.....the second more severe......18 days before they could control it.....as oral medication didnt work.....i was admitted into hospital for 7 days with steroid injections...........this was back in late october.....havent had a bm since.....something has gone wrong......was it the medication......who knows.....hope this helps you.....nicola
How is it now?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
(male)

GodHand HB User

Mine lasted for 2 months before I was medicated; then it took about 2 months for my bowels return to normal. The symptoms disappeared while on the medication, but if I stopped the medication they would slowly return. Now, a little over 2 months after my diagnosis, I'm only on Lialda and I've been symptom free for about 3 weeks without using any of the other medication. The doctor says I'm in remission.

Initially it was 2 months of hell - urgency, mucus, blood, bloating, etc. Not fun at all. At this point I don't even know I have a problem. My dad has ulcerative colitis, too, and he's 64 years old. He has had 2 flare-ups in his entire life, and he takes no medication for it. I'm hoping I'm equally as lucky.

Closed Thread