It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

megawatt823 HB User
Is this UC, IBS, Crohn's? Fissure, bleeding, extremely large tag.

Hello All! I am very new to the board and am glad I found an arena to not be embarrassed talking about my horrible bowel issues.

I have an extremely large and lumpy skin tag on the top of my anus. I wasn't worried about it, thought it was a hem. and made sure it was clean and dry, etc. Thing is, over the last several months, I feel that it is getting bigger, it bleeds (mostly due to my wiping SO hard, I think) and I also get a mucus-y discharge as well. I have not spoken to any dr. about this as I have been exceedingly embarrassed. I have had this for at least 10 years and, yes, it has been growing. I truly never thought anything of it.

Of late, I am constantly having diarrhea, hardly a good, hard stool even though I eat fruits and veggies and the like. I have always had bowel issues since having Giardia in 1996, when I ate tainted strawberries and was quite ill. Since then, I have had constant diarrhea, and this awful lump hanging off of me.

I am thinking of calling a Colo-Rectal Surgeon to have it removed, but as I read the posts it seems that most will do a surgery called LIS to help facilitate healing of a fissure. I guess my ultimate question is this...I just want the skin tag removed. It sometimes is painful, tender, swollen, throbbing.

I have never been to a Gastroenterologist. I have been diagnosed with Rosacea and my derm. tested me for H. Pylori which I had antigens in my blood. I am fatigued all the time, my body aches and I do not sleep well. And, I have constant diarrhea. I have been thinking it was just horrible IBS but now I worry it could be something worse.

I will be calling my dr. for an appointment. I just want this HUGE skin tag I have removed and to not have diarrhea so much. ACK!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Is this UC, IBS, Crohn's? Fissure, bleeding, extremely large tag.

Hello, your external skin tag is probably your body’s response to an anal fissure. By having it removed you won't cure the underlying cause unfortunately. The mucusy discharge and diarrhea could be due to an internal infection or an abscess, again your body trying to cure itself of the fissure. Fissures cause terribly pain when you pass stools and having diarrhea could be masking the painful effects of the fissure. Read everything on these boards to do with anal fissure to educate yourself. It seems that an operation (LIS) is the only cure but if you read my thread entitled 'do these oils really work' you might find something there to help. I think the thing you must do is try to get rid of the infection first, (see your doctor for some antibiotics) and then tackle the fissure as the underlying cause of your problems. Don't forget to post back and report on your progress or attempts at self cure. Good luck

Old 12-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

suzyljank HB User

Skin tags are usually a result of an active anal fissure. If you are having diarrhea try adding calcium supplements to your diet, they tend towards constipation, if you are constipated try magnesium supplements. Seeing your doctor might be the best option because you can get all your questions answered and he can have a first hand look at what's going on. Are you taking an antibiotic for your rosacea because antibiotics can cause diarrhea. Also a good doctor will not remove a skin tag while a fissure is active because it will just come back again, the skin tags are what helps protect the fissure. Try using wet wipes after you have a bm or sitz baths rubbing the area only makes matter worse. Good luck Suzy.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
(female)

megawatt823 HB User

Thank you both for replying.

I do not take antibiotics for my Rosacea, I use Metrogel on my face. Metrogel controls it really well. Also, I am DEATHLY allergic to penicillin. I haven't taken any kind of Antibiotics in years.

I have been taking this product, called Irritable Bowel Syndrome tablets, by Digestive Advantage. They are chewable probiotics. I find that they help, if I keep taking them every day.

I will get some wet wipes; TP is HARSH!

Thank you both again for your advice! I appreciate it.

Cheers!

Last edited by megawatt823; 12-10-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
(female)

haleys meme HB User

Oh I feel your pain! I was diagnosed with Crohns disease 8 years ago and have had all kinds of rectal and bowel problems. You are doing the right thing in contacting your doctor and I hope he orders some tests to see whats causing your diarrhea. I hope he also answers your questions about the skin tag as I know those can be painful. I just joined this forum and already finding so many useful things and hope we can all help each other! Good Luck!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
(female)

megawatt823 HB User

Thank you, every one, for replying. I saw my General Practioner on Monday, 29 Dec and she ran all kinds of blood tests. Blood results: A OK.

I don't get it; along with the chronic diarrhea, I am extremely fatigued, too.

SO! She referred me to a Colo-Rectal Surgeon and she was in the same building as my doc. I have an appt 5 Jan. Maybe I can get this issue under control and finally find out what is plaguing me.

Suzy, I had my husband purchase some of the packages of wet wipes...they are awesome and really help with the discomfort of TP.

Kennyboy, I have also thought of using the oils to help my skin tag. It is HUGE! It is totally embarrassing, but I am feeling so sick from constant diarrhea and fevers that I finally did break down and talk to my doc about it.

Next trip is to the GI doctor. A step in the right direction.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL!!

Closed Thread