It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

JMYHNY HB User
Question Ulcerative Colitis vs Chron's Disease

My fiancé was diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis in august 2008. Also in august he had his first colonoscopy at 24 years old. And he has been put on different medications to help control him. Ever since he still has the blood in his stool, stomach pain, etc. Some days are good and then some are bad.

Now he is going to a new doctor that specializes in Chron's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis and he is going to have another colonoscopy at the end of April 2009. This new doctor seems really good and all.

Has anyone or is anyone going through Ulcerative Colitis or Chron's Disease and can give him any tips to help him.

Last edited by JMYHNY; 04-10-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
(male)

kennyboy HB Userkennyboy HB User
Re: Ulcerative Colitis vs Chron's Disease

He should try consuming more oil in his diet, particularly cod liver oil and coconut oil. Colitis actually responds better to type 3 omega fatty acids than it does to medication according to Mary Enig who quotes a research study carried out in Spain. You should familiarise yourself with Mary Enig who is a food nutritionist I trust because all her work is based on scientific research. You could start with her book 'Eat fat Lose fat.' She has a few very interesting things to say about Colitis, Chrones and IBS.

But be warned....once you understand Mary Enig she will change your life. I'd appreciate some feedback at a later date. You can get it on A m a z o n. Good luck.

Last edited by kennyboy; 04-10-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

JMYHNY HB User

Thanks. Next Tuesday is the big date for him once again. Hopefully everything will be fine and nothing bad is wrong.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
(male)

GodHand HB User

There aren't really any foods that bother me, per se. Initially, coffee had a BIG impact on my UC, specifically frequency (didn't cause anymore bleeding). Now coffee doesn't bother me.

I have heard from others that alcohol can aggravate it, too. I have never had that problem. Alcohol doesn't really do anything to my digestive track to irritate my UC.

Right now, after about 2 months of treatment with Lialda (1 pill a day; and Rowasa enemas), I'm in remission. My doctor said mine is mostly confined to the left side of my colon, as the transverse and descending colon are clear.

Closed Thread