It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
(female)

Leslie35 HB User
Ulcerative Colitis

My biopsy from my colonoscopy came back as UC. Strange since I rarely have diareaha and no pain. I went due to bleeding, mucus and a feeling like I had to go when I did not. I was shocked since I expected to be told I had internal hemrroids. I was hoping the biopsy would come back fine since I had been on cipro and had taken a lot of ibuprophen the last few weeks for back pain. Nope it is the real thing. I read online that the link between ibuprophen and worsening UC symptoms may not be as strong as they once believed. I wonder if that is true since I had symptoms for several months with ibuprophen as my painkiller of choice. I have not taken motrin in a few weeks and I do not notice any change besides what the Rowasa helps with. I tried going off of the enema's to see if I was any better. Nope the next day I felt all swolen again. My GI doc called me and wants to start me on Lialda but I read the side effects of that and I am scared. Rowesa enema's have me very comfortable right now but I still bleed a little bit. The going to the bathroom only to pass mucus and a little blood is gone now as well as the feeling of needing to go right now. So any advise from people living with UC?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Ulcerative Colitis? Chrohns? JESSIECOLA Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 1 03-15-2011 09:48 PM
How can I treat my ulcerative colitis? lifeisg00d Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 1 12-04-2009 09:05 PM
Ulcerative Colitis vs Chron's Disease JMYHNY Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 3 05-02-2009 11:50 PM
Ulcerative Colitis/Proctitis, autoimmunity, and surgery MachOneMustang Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 8 09-08-2008 08:45 PM
Colitis, but not ulcerative colitis? debbiebee Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 29 07-31-2008 05:20 AM