It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
(female)

jadeylex HB User
Unhappy Been diagnosed with crohns what is it ??

Today i have been diagnosed with crohns disease im only 17 and have no idea what it is .. i just no i have been so ill for 2 months ... could someone please enlighten me x

Old 01-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
(female)

toni703 HB User
Re: Been diagnosed with crohns what is it ??

Hello Jadeylex,
So sorry to hear that you have Crohns. I hope I can shed some light on your situation. I was the same exact age as you when I found out that I had Crohns. I am now 36. I want tell you it has always been easy, because it has not. But you can live a somewhat "normal" life being a Crohns patience. Crohns is a inflammatory bowel disease that affect the colon, small & large intestines, rectum, stomach. Pretty much its your insides attacking itself. When it flares up, you form sores in the lining of your stomach, colon, etc. and when you eat or drink it makes it hurt worse. It also cause you to pass blood thru your rectum, most of the time you probably don't realize it. It can affect your joints, eyes, immune system. You may notice that it takes you longer to get well after being sick or have surgery. I am not trying to scare you, I just want to let you know the real deal!!! Because I wish that I had someone to tell me all this stuff way back then. I was basically a guinea pig for the Dr.s, because at that time you didn't hear to much about Crohns disease. They actually though I had stomach cancer at first. I was scared to death. Well I hope that this will help you. I made it and you can make it to. You have modern technology on your side so thats a plus. Take care of yourself and you live your life with Crohns not Crohns running your life. Because it can happen if you let it. Stay strong and be blessed!

Praying for you,
Toni

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
(male)

patrick7801 HB User

its a inflammation of your digestive system. Its a chronic long term disease, did your GI doc talk to you??

Old 02-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
(male)

patrick7801 HB User

Hi tonygoodman73,

I also am am a new Chronie!! Diagnosed last week at 38 y/o 1/26/2010. I'm on pentasa and predisone now. I have been reading everything I can find on this diease via internet. Are you on meds?? Have they seemed to help?? Any advise you can give would be really appreciated. See GI doc tomorrow for follow up appt.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
(female)

jadeylex HB User

thankyou so much toni x

Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
(female)

Westlee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick7801 View Post
Hi tonygoodman73,

I also am am a new Chronie!! Diagnosed last week at 38 y/o 1/26/2010. I'm on pentasa and predisone now. I have been reading everything I can find on this diease via internet. Are you on meds?? Have they seemed to help?? Any advise you can give would be really appreciated. See GI doc tomorrow for follow up appt.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
(female)

Westlee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick7801 View Post
Hi tonygoodman73,

My grandson was diagnosed in March with Chrons at 5 years old. Since there is not many children that young with it, and children this young don't explain their pain and symtoms very well we need all the input we can get on what to do to help him. Anyone who has any good info please help us out.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
(female)

toni703 HB User

Hello Westlee,

Sorry to hear that your grandson has Crohns. Well I have soundly say I know how it feels and I know what you are going thru. I have crohns myself and last August my 12yr. old son was diagnose with it. His G.I. dr. put him on several meds, about 5, to be exact. He also has acid reflux, a hiatal hernia and stomach ulcers. I guess you can say the fruit don't fall to far from thee tree, because I have ALL those things too.The best advice I can give you is, to make sure you have a good G.I. dr. One that has your grandson best interest at hand. Next make sure what ever meds that are given, your grandson takes them fately!! Living with crohns is not easy, but you have a normal life. Make sure you look for any signs that don't seem right. Crohns can memic a stomach virus, make it easier for you to get sick, cause low blood counts, etc. I pray that everything will work out and your grandson can live a somewhat normal life. It may get hard at times, but he will make!!

Be blessed,
Toni

Old 07-21-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
(female)

rosabella HB User

ask my sister she can telll you all about it she is 55 , had it since she was 20 .

Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
(female)

Princess05247 HB User

My son has it too. He's almost 13. He has to watch what he eats and drinks, especially foods that contain high fructose corn syrup. His doc did a test on him and he's highly allergic to it. We went the natural route and put him on fish oil and vitamins. It has helped alot with his symptoms.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
(female)

sooty234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeylex View Post
Today i have been diagnosed with crohns disease im only 17 and have no idea what it is .. i just no i have been so ill for 2 months ... could someone please enlighten me x
Hi, I was diagnosed with crohns in 2006, it is a disease that hits your digestive system, (causing ulcors), there are alot of treatments but I cant lie you will go through times where you feel ill, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, I got there.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
(female)

Westlee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonigoodman73 View Post
Hello Westlee,

Sorry to hear that your grandson has Crohns. Well I have soundly say I know how it feels and I know what you are going thru. I have crohns myself and last August my 12yr. old son was diagnose with it. His G.I. dr. put him on several meds, about 5, to be exact. He also has acid reflux, a hiatal hernia and stomach ulcers. I guess you can say the fruit don't fall to far from thee tree, because I have ALL those things too.The best advice I can give you is, to make sure you have a good G.I. dr. One that has your grandson best interest at hand. Next make sure what ever meds that are given, your grandson takes them fately!! Living with crohns is not easy, but you have a normal life. Make sure you look for any signs that don't seem right. Crohns can memic a stomach virus, make it easier for you to get sick, cause low blood counts, etc. I pray that everything will work out and your grandson can live a somewhat normal life. It may get hard at times, but he will make!!

Be blessed,
Toni

Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
(female)

Westlee HB User

Thanks so much for your reply. He has been put on two meds and he goes to the hospital every 6 weeks for a treatment called infusion he get through the vein, it takes 2 or 3 hours. He is doing well most of the time, he has had a couple of flare ups. If you have anymore information please let me know,and thanks again.

Closed Thread