It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

PurpleMonkey HB User
Does this sound like Crohn's disease to you? Please help me find answers!

Hey guys, I know I have been on here a few times asking for help, but I really need it!

I know self-diagnosing isn't always the best idea but still, you must know how it feels when you are desperate for answers... Anyway here goes.

This all started about 5 years ago. I was feeding my rabbit, I stood up and I got an intense pain in my abdomen, I waddled upstairs then just collapsed onto my bed in agony. It went off, then I got a similar pain a few months later but not as bad. Then I felt nothing for a few years, but then last year I started getting a different pain in the upper right of my abdomen which felt horrible and I still get it. It feels like something is being grabbed and twisted, it can come on really suddenly at the most random times and really hurts. Then yesterday I was stood waiting for lesson and I felt a really sharp stabbing pain in the same area. I also get a swelling in that area when the pain is present. This contracting pain comes on really often and makes me hot. It even kept me up until about 5.00 one morning and I only got three hours sleep before I had to be up for college.

Here are some other symptoms:
-I always feel tired no matter how much sleep I get
-I have noticed areas of dark-red in my faeces a few times, as well as mucus
- At the moment, whenever I sit down I feel a dull pain between hips, above my private area. I am not on my period. I also feel this when I sit backwards too far.

I have been to the doctor on three occasions. One said I have IBS, and I was given tablets which didn't help, the other two times they said it was a pulled muscle which I doubt, since I don't have to be doing anything for the pain to come on. I am getting nervous about going to the doctors though, I am even too nervous to tell my mum and dad about my problems. I mean I told my dad once and he just said "Is it womens problems?" which it definatley isn't.

Please help!!!

If I go to the doctors again what should I do to keep the doctor interested for longer??? Do I mention the worst symptoms first? Write them down? Tell him I think I have Crohn's? I am not fishing around for possible diseases and thinking "Ahh yes! I want that one!!" because I don't want to be diagnosed with anything, but at the same time I want answers.

How can I get over my developing fear of doctors and telling my parents I am still in pain?

I am 19 by the way, and yes I do still live at home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

vblessed HB User
Re:Post op 6months abdominal adhesion surgery and intermittent diarrhea

My sis has had several abdominal surgeries in the past. The last 2 surgeries for abdominal
adhesions. She still has persistent abdominal discomfort but the most annoying
is the diarrhea at least 3 times a week. She is unable to work or travel
because she never knows when she'll need a bathroom. Anyone familiar with
this? Is it maybe diet? Initially post-op the MD explained how her bowel was
virgin like(flora) because of the antibotics used during surgery to cleanse the bowel
and suggested acidophilis, but she still has the bowel problem.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by vblessed; 04-29-2010 at 06:18 PM.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
(male)

John gizzmo HB User
Re: Does this sound like Crohn's disease to you? Please help me find answers!

Hay PM
I have Crohns and if its Crohns its a light case but the area you mentioned
is a very busy area. Approx. under the last rib on the right side you have
the Gallbladder, the Duodenum, the Ascending Colon and the right lobe of
the liver. Could just be gas pains but ask your doctor for a Upper GI X-Ray.
Tell him it would put your mind at ease to be able to rule anything major out.
Good luck.

Closed Thread