It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
(male)

Jevgeni HB User
Ulcerative colitis without taking tablets, methods, strategy and so on ...

Hello everybody.

Can anyone share own experience with no taking tablets with ulcerative colitis.

1) is it possible to decrease inflammation without tablets. If yes, methods, tactics, strategy ?
2) if i feel well and do not taking tablets, how fast a flare up may start ? How long it develop ?
3) how physical activities (gym, running, swimming and so on) affect on people with UC?
4) can supercooling of body start flare up ?

Thank you

Old 05-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
(male)

Jevgeni HB User
Re: Ulcerative colitis without taking tablets, methods, strategy and so on ...

I noticed that supercooling is not good for me, after it blood or mucus may appear. Hunger has a bad influence. Sport activities (gym) have good influence

Such foods have good influence to decrease flare up
1) honey with hot tea, effects after 1-2 weeks
2) sea buckthorn oil 3 times per day before eating
3) tutsan (St. John's wort broth)
4) yogurt with bifidobacteria (LGG)

Last edited by Jevgeni; 05-31-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

ayyyy ..where are you ?

Old 06-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I guess none of us has the experience as you're wanting. I was diagnosed with UC over 21 years ago and treat with 5ASA oral and rectal meds. The Salofalk retention enema, I taper to maintenance....the Asacol oral 6 pills a day is a constant.

Not using meds is your choice....I personally like the fact that mine hasn't spread, and all my c-scope results has been precancer free.

I've never been on any systemic meds for it, including pred or any immuno meds.

I don't plan on it, either.

Just to add UC is an autoimmune disease. For many, extreme fitness routines can exacerbate symptoms. Doesn't mean that once it's under control it will....balance is a good thing.

q

Last edited by quincy; 06-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

Thaks. And how can i gain the weight of my body ?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

but if i do sport activities i feel better. Stool 0-2 times in day.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Eat! and often.

Best to have actual foods that your body can use rather than products with low carbs, artificial sweeteners, etc.

Whatever foods cause you discomfort, choose when to eat them or don't eat them at all.

It took me years to gain the weight I lost during my years if diarrhea before I was diagnosed....and I ate a lot.

If you feel better...is it emotionally or physically. The point of gaining weight is to take in more than you burn....which you can afford to do, it seems.

By the way, exercise won't keep your UC from flaring.....and with many, they don't recognise symptoms or choose to ignore them until they're in a full-blown flare to the point where it's spread throughout their colon.

Get really smart about UC, treatments and that the fact that it's life-long. Don't forget that there are other disorders or invaders that can mimic UC...it's best to make sure you have a difinitive diagnosis.

Regarding stool 2x daily...is it with urgency? Do you have rectal discomfort upon bms? do you have lots of mucus?
If you have periods of constipation...that, in itself, can be a symptom of low in the rectum inflammation.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 06-07-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

I feel better emotionally and physically. For example, after i started the gym my bowel movement become more solid and dense. The color of feces is dark brown. Next day after gym i can have bowel movements in the evening 1 time without mucus and blood or 0 times. But usually i have BM 1 or 2 times in the morning. I can have 3 days without mucus and blood, but next 2 or 3 days small amount of mucus and blood appear again. After that again 3 days no mucus and blood ... I take 3 grams of Salazapyrin. I get up at 8.30 and take 1 gram at 9.00. After that i take 1 gram at 14.00 and again the last one at 21.00 o`clock. I use Asacol rectal 500 mg on the night.
For me eating a lot is no good thing, because if i have no blood and mucus in the stool in the morning, after i eat a lot in the dinner it can appear after 2-4 hours of overeating. I try eat less but 3-4 times a day. I do not have constipation, because if i have no BM 1 day, it does not mean that i have constipation. 09/11/2009 before i visited the doctor i have 3 days with out mucus and blood, and i did not take any med. The firts colonoscopy was 19/11/2009 and doctor said that it is proctosigmoiditis. After that the other doctor did colonoscopy 29/12/2009 and said that a few red marks in rectum. And said it is proctit. The distance was 10 cm from anal. 01/07/2010 i will have another colonoscopy. Will see how salazapyrin and asacol work together.

You said that "By the way, exercise won't keep your UC from flaring"
I think that each people is individual. My doctor said that i should take pills 2-3 years and if i have good result i can try to stop med. She said that some people do not take pills and they do not have flares. She said that she has some patients that 5 years do not take pills and 5 years in remission without taking any med.

Tomorrow i want to start taking the Salofalk and watch the result. It is need 1 or 2 weeks that see the result, but it is for me. Some people need 1 months or 2 to see the result. 1 week ago i did my blood test, and doctor said that i have good results.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

I have small amount of gases when i have BM.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #10
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

I do not feel any pain in my muscles, i do have milk acid in muscles, after gym i am not tired, i do not feel that my muscles grow up ... it is very strange ... but gym helps me ... all my life I did sport activities (from childhood), basketball, swimming, break-dance, gym (body-building), i always lifted my weight and felt tired and felt pain in my muscles, muscles growed up ... when UC started in september of 2009 i visited the gym, and i had no problem with weight lifting, i had stool 2-3 times in the morning with mucus...small amount of blood, i started to think that it is gym, and it is the reason of mucus and blood. I decreased 4 times visiting gym to 2 times at week. I started feel worse, 15/10/2009 i completely gave up gym, and it became worse. But i felt that my muscles can grow up, i felt pain... after 5 mounts i started again gym... i can say that i cannot feel anything in my muscles ... some expansion in muscles during the training, but after training i feel like i did no visit the gym at all... i called the doctor and told her that salazapyrin and rectal med block some process in my blood or i do not know ... she told that she do not know anything ...

Last edited by Jevgeni; 06-08-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

I eat boiled eggs, boiled chicken, curd, yogurt with LGG, boiled rise, boiled potato, a limited mount of fresh beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, pears and bananas. Soups and porridge I eat too. Boiled carrots and cabbage, I noticed that Nestea Lemon and chocolate "Bounty" are very good for me ... do not know why ...

Old 06-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #12
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

Increasing physical load in gym, side effects from Salazapyrin such as headache and dizziness gone away...

Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #13
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

Next week i want try probiotic VSL 3 ... i will keep you informed ...

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sounds like you have it figured out....but in truth, your rectal meds are NOT enough. You should also be on a higher amount such as a retention enema....I don't know what's available there, but you could ask your pharmacy as to UC rectal medications they can get...then ask your doctor.

I didn't say eat large meals, I said eat a lot more food, over and above what you burn off in a day.

If you burn off the carbs, so I understand, you won't burn off the protein? is that true?

Keep reading about UC.....medications and how to treat.

I will totally advise you to NOT go off your medication. Use a lower amount for maintenance.

Add fibre supplements to bulk/fluff/soften the stool....it's also good for bowel exercise..lol.

VSL#3..I haven't tried it, but many I am in contact with do....start with a lower amount like one package daily..then increase as per instructions.

Be well,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 06-08-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #15
(male)

Jevgeni HB User

Quote:
If you burn off the carbs, so I understand, you won't burn off the protein? is that true?
What does it mean ?

Closed Thread