It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

MissChooch HB User
Whitish Stool-Result from Crohn's Meds?

I was recently put on Lialda and Canasa for a Crohn's flare-up, and my stools now appear whitish. Can this be a result from my medications? Anyone else on either drug experience this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Whitish Stool-Result from Crohn's Meds?

Are you using the Canasa at night? Is this with your morning bm?

It could also be mucus if you're flaring....

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
(female)

MissChooch HB User

Yes, I use the Canasa at night just before going to bed. The whitish stools last for most of the day-usually by evening they look more normal.
I thought the Canasa might be the filmy, oily substance that floats on the surface of the toilet water? The stools don't really look all that mucousy, but I guess it could be that as I am experiencing a flare right now. Usually my stool mucous is more stringy yellow, and what I'm seeing now is a solid, thick off-white substance either on the surface of or mixed in with my stool-sometimes the entire stool looks white.
It just started happening recently, after starting my new meds, so I assume that it's a result of that and I shouldn't be alarmed-but still, thought I 'd check to see if anyone else has had this happen to them, just to be sure that it isn't anything to be concerned about!

Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

If you're having that much white coating, I'd say it's not the Canasa since the Canasa only coats the rectum.

Are you using any other rectal med?

Regarding a complete white stool...you mean it's coated or the entire stool is white?

Some of the Canasa ingredients would float, and be more clear if it's not around the stool. What you describe sounds more like mucus...which in a way is a good thing in a way.

Where exactly is your CD....?

q

Closed Thread