It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

rchar HB User
Could it be?

I am known to have an auto immune disorder, but Rheumy hasn't figured out exactly which one yet. In the last year or so, i started with stomach issues as well. I get terrible, and i mean terrible labor like pains. When i get those i normally have to use the bathroom. I seem to be constipated for a few days or not have a BM, but do not get the stomach pains until it's time to go. I usually have a harder BM, then it's followed by diarrhea. Then it follows with days of diarrhea. Normally i can't eat without having to go very shortly after. sometimes i'm not even done eating and i have to go. And it's normally explosive diarrhea. The other day after eating at a restaraunt, my husband had to pull over so i could go into a store and go. I knew i wouldn't make it home. Sometimes, not always, i even get nauseated and feel like throwing up although i never actually have. It's normally always worse around my period. Right now i'm in the constipated part. Have had some of the pains today with harder BM's but i know the diarrhea will follow in the next day or two. Does this sound like UC or Chrohns?? Oh, i also get mucous in my stools. Thanks for any input. I plan on talking with my doc about it next time i go.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Could it be?

At the very least, it sounds like IBS...but UC can start like you describe if one has very very mild inflammation.

What meds are you on at this point for whatever?

How are your eating habits? Are you consuming any foods/drinks with artificial sweeteners?

Have you kept a food diary to see if there's any connection?

Are you a smoker? Have you recently quit?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
(female)

rchar HB User
Re: Could it be?

Thanks for your reply. I am not a smoker, nor have i ever been. And my current meds include Methotrexate, folic acid, Humira, vitamin D and hydrocodone as needed. My Dr. has seemed to write it off to meds, but i had some issues before i even started meds. Now i do know some of these meds are used to treat IBD. I thought it was getting better after i started Humira, but now i'm not sure if any of these meds are helping any of my symptoms anymore. I do know i have inflammation in about every other part of my body, so why not here right? lol I hope not, but i need to find what the problem is because it sucks!

I just recently started a food journal to see if anything is making it worse. I do not drink alcohol, do not drink coffee. I drink some soda but not excessive amounts. I normally drink more water than anything. I do love spicy food and i know that's a no no with IBD.

Closed Thread