It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

shazante HB User
Crohn's - Please Help!!!

hi there,

I am a first time poster on this site, I only found it this morning but have spent my entire morning reading posts instead of working! I thought there might be someone out there who could help me...

I am a 23 year old female and about 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Crohns. Due to the fact that I suffer from endometriosis for the past year they have put all my pain down to that, and only three weeks ago did my doctor suggest a colonoscopy.

it is a relief to know that there is actually something wrong, I was at the point where I thought I was making all the pain up in my head! I also have copper and cortizol toxicity resulting in extreme anxiety.

I find that i am in a lot of pain, I have severe back pain mainly in my lower back which stops me from working and living a normal life. I am constantly feeling like i am going to throw up, i am tired, weak and get a stabbing pain in my gut.

I have changed my diet and am on salazapryn along with a hoarde of other medications. I was prescribed norspan patches for the pain, but do to a reaction I am now back on the old panadiene forte.

I know no one with Crohns and am feeling very alone in all of this at the moment, does anyone else experience pain? to the point of it stopping you live a normal functional life? I am curiouse to find out if the pain is a result of the Crohns or if there is something else going on, I cant keep taking painkillers just to get out of the house!

any advice would be welcome! thank you

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: shazante
Davro77 (12-15-2010), the dutchess (01-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
(male)

Davro77 HB User
Smile Re: Crohn's - Please Help!!!

Hello Shazante

Please do not feel alone - there are people around with the same
or similar illness.

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis some 5 years ago and being a
reasonably healthy (so I thought) male felt alone and did not know who
or how to speak about the UC. I realise UC is not Crohnes - but is of a similar type.

Check with local health boards and Crohnes / UC websites for local groups
There are other groups for those with chronic illnesses that accomodate people that are unwell but you must make the effort to find them and to keep going. Remember that we all suffer our symtoms in different ways but we must make the effort.

I changed my diet to a food combining (Hays) method of eating which I find works well for me and fortunately can avoid most stressfull situations which cause "attacks" have taken up some craft hobbies, scrollsaw (scrimshaw) work and a bit of art to takes my mind off most things.

Wish you all the best
Davro

Old 01-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

the dutchess HB User
Re: Crohn's - Please Help!!!

hi, i have had crohns since i was 26, i am now 49 and have had a bag for 10 years please don't feel you are alone, this is the first time i have written anything on computer, as you can guess at my age it is hard to keep up with technology but living with crohns is hard and if i can be of any help or support i am here to answer any questions.

The following user gives a hug of support to the dutchess:
worriedgranny (02-03-2011)
Closed Thread