It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Does Crohn's affect all blood types?

I'm reading, "Eat Right For Your Type", and the author claims that some blood types are more likely to suffer certain health problems. I don't have the book with me at this time and don't remember if he mentions a blood type for Crohn's or Colitis. I'll check into it tonight.

In the mean time, if you suffer Crohn's or Colitis, would you please tell me what your blood type is? Just specify "Crohn's" or "Colitis" and give your blood type. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Does Crohn's affect all blood types?

My daughter has colitis and is AB+

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

There is no specific blood-type common with CD or UC.

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
JohnR41 (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
My daughter has colitis and is AB+
I believe Quincy is correct. So let's look at this problem in a different way: Each blood type is susceptable but may be adversely affected by different foods. Let's say someone starts out in life with a genetic susceptibility for colitis, crohn's or IBS. One person's inflammation may be triggered by wheat while another person may be triggered by some other food or combination of foods.

We won't know for sure unless we can get a lot of people -on this board- who are willing to try eating the recommended foods for their blood type. They would have to follow all the rules for at least two weeks. What are the chances of that happening?

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
jennybyc (01-06-2011)
Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I just started looking into his theories of blood type and what you should and should not eat. I also have symptoms of IBS. I have switched to eating a lot of rice and I feel better and my almost chronic diarrhea has stopped.

Can you tell me which of the books on the blood type diet are the best and most informative? They been out for quite a while so there are lots of them. But when I googled the lists of foods, I noticed that the foods listed for AB+ blood(my daughter inherited it from me) are the ones I have naturally gone to as they make me feel the best.

Thanks...............Jenny

Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

The first book I read, about four years ago, was from the library and I don't remember the title. The book I have now is a hard cover that I bought from a local book store (used but like new). I believe the copyright date is 1996.

The cover reads as follows:

4 Blood Types 4 Diets
"Eat Right For Your Type"
The Individulized Diet Solution.........
Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo
with Catherine Whitney

After you posted, I searched for a list of his books and was surprised at how many there are. I tryed to figure out which one was his latest but couldn't find any copyright dates. Well, anyway, I'm very satisfied with the one I have as it seems to be very complete.

Last edited by JohnR41; 01-10-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Closed Thread