It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
(female)

lolobeth HB User
i have had moderate ulcerative colitis for about 18 years now

I am 57 year old woman i have had moderate ulcerative colitis for about 18 years now.I am very inflammed they want me to take mercaptepurine but I don't want to. I have been on Asacol for about 10 years now. i rarely have any issues with colitis now. I was taking 6 pills a day. i was like you, I was having bloody diahrrea about 13 times a day in severe pain & nausea. I got so sick in 2001 that i spent 6 days in the hospital extremely ill and i broke out with mushy black sores on my body. my husband was so worried he thought i was going to die. since then my brother and twin sister have been diagnosed with mild uc and the otherone with microscopic colitis. she has no bleeding but my brother does. I eat what i want but i avoid high fat and eating out. Eat at home. you need fiber but sometimes it can be very irritating to the colon.don't take it if it bothers you.then try it again in a few days.take probiotics it replaces the good bacteria that gets destroyed.also take digestive enzymes because your body needs them.don't worry or stress it is what it is. excercise eat good. i am now trying the Hallelujia diet. so far so good. take care don't get discouraged and God Bless you.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-04-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: to make a new thread for you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread