It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

cinci32andi95 HB User
Unhappy Anyone out that I can talk to???? HELP

I've been told that I have had fuctional dyspepsia, then IBS, then I was told I have a large chance that I have Crohn's. This is kinda freaking me out! I'm a mess and almost everything I've try does not help. I need someone that knows a lot about crohn's and abdominal pain so I can ask questions! Please. I'm scared.

For the last year I've been treated with ibs and functional dyspepsia meds. I have been going down hill so fast in the last two months that my docs just want to start over. I'm being taken off all my meds. The Only ones I can take now are Zofran, for my extreme nausea, and valium for my really bad flare ups that cripple me! I've gone throw 5 really bad ones in the last three weeks(I was on all normal meds for the first two, then added some new ones, then my last one was with very little meds) at first I thought I was having a really bad reaction to some naproxen, but I stoped and ruled that out. I do notice that any NSAIDs I take really mess with my pain though.

I know that's not a lot of info but I just need some questions answered! My docs are starting to go down the abdominal migraine and abdominal epilepsy path, and I don't think its that because they have done little endoscopy info. I DO NOT want to even think I have some form of epilesy. Plus its rare and I highly dought that its that.

Sorry about the limited info but I really just want to get questions asked and answered. My docs have pushed away many choice because of their inablity to think out side of the box till now. I've been suffering for a year now, I'm only 15 , so the faster I can get
diagnosed, the faster my life can crawl out of a hole in hell.

My life has changed so much that I can't do it any more. I need help. PLEASE! Ask if u have any questions. Message me anytime Please I'm very desperate and frustrated at this point. I'm probably giving myself more ulcers as we speak.

Thank you
-Andi

Last edited by cinci32andi95; 02-12-2011 at 09:45 AM. Reason: please do not post your email address

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: cinci32andi95
King for a Day (08-25-2011), mandybee333 (05-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
(female)

clynn19815 HB User
Re: Anyone out that I can talk to???? HELP

You do not list many of your symptoms, so it is hard to give advice. I was diagnosed at 10 (19 yrs ago). They knew something was up with a sed rate. Eventually I think diagnosis was done with an upper GI follow through. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
(female)

faefeverfan HB User

Hi there. I have Crohn's and colitis. I've been dealing with it for five years, but only got treated three years, due to misdiagnosis. A medicine that worked for me is Remicade and Asacol. Everything else just let me relapse. Your doctors need to do full colonoscopy and endoscopy with biopsies and also blood work to properly diagnose you. If you have any more questions I hope I can help. And try not to stress because it will make it worse.
Best wishes.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
(female)

Saddie098 HB User

cinci32,
I am 55 yrs old and have had crohns dz since i was 8yrs. back then they new nothing, they removed over 4 feet of my small bowel and it helped for a while, then it turned into what they call dumping snydrome, thats when you eat your food runs right through you. Crohns is a very tricky illness i know having it all my life, I am now in remission. All the docs did was to keep shoving pills at me, through alot of trial and era i found out that my diet is the key. I do not do dairy products, and if I do I will only do it as a treat. I use very little red meat and if I eat red meat I make sure and chew it well. Of course they say eat alot of fiber, well that the trial and era part, it only works for me in moderation. Always remember to chew your food well because then it is much easier to digest. I am not on any meds for the chrons now, I control it with diet which took alot of work. I do take something for aniexty and that's because when the seasons change so does your diet. I hope that this helps and if you have any thing you want to talk about please let me know, I have study this dz for 40+ yrs now. But what is good for me may not be good for you, keep your chin up and if I can help let me know.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
(female)

King for a Day HB User

Find people to talk too! You are never alone but have to reach out to figure that out as people cant read others minds. Don't be ashamed of anything just find people that you can talk to that support you. Medical answers take time and are not always black and white, so you have to work with them and play an active role in finding how to manage any health issues. Work at getting strong and staying strong! Most of all..take care of yourself!

Closed Thread