It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
(male)

Dano106 HB User
Any suggestions for diet for aggressive Pan Ulcerative Colitis!

My wife was diagnosed about 15 months ago. Currently on a 6 week cycle of remicade but no signs of improvement. Since it is so severe, it has impacted her immune system so colds, etc have been a problem. I have read here about strict diets that have helped. She is currently eating a low fiber, low fat, low residue but - pretty boring. Any other suggestions or idea's are very welcome.

Thanks a million!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
(male)

TravisAK HB User
Re: Any suggestions for diet for aggressive Pan Ulcerative Colitis!

There is a diet referred to as the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet). I tried it and got mixed results on my crohns, but nearly eliminated my anxiety and I slept like a rock. To be fair to the diet, I tried it during a very stressfull time in my life when I was commuting away from family. It is difficult to follow at first and was tough while on the road. I am seriously considering giving it another shot as I too am not having much luck with Remicade and MUST get off of the prednisone. The science behind the diet is solid. The book is called "Breaking the vicious cycle". You should also learn about LDN, (low dose naltrexone), also a promissing medication that is prescribed off label for crohns/colitis.
good luck!
Travis

Last edited by moderator2; 04-02-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread