It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
(female)

missheavyweight HB User
My 2nd Flare up!!!! Please help :(

Hello everyone

Okay so about a month ago I was admitted into the hospital because I was bleeding internally and had crazy weird symptoms, that I wont mention because I don't want you to read more than you have to. So lets just say that I was in pretty rough shape. I ended up having low hemoglobin, was 44 and they gave me a blood transfusion and the next day they gave me a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. I was released home and felt great.

But about a week ago I felt weird again. Not to the same extent as before but I just felt weaker and tired. I started developing neck pain and joint pain and my stools started to occur with cramps again and I experience weakness.

My MAIN concern is this: I am really struggling with the chills and fever. I get these chills at the same time everyday (evening) and they last maybe a half hour. THEN I get a fever of about 103 degrees F and its terrible. It lasts a while but lately I take Tylenol to get rid of it and it works. But I hate this!!

I am a very active, 25 year old and I haven't been at the gym in like 5 days Its killing me. I am bedridden mostly and I been eating so much crap food like grilled cheese and lots of pastas and frozen yogurt. Thing is, I am still skinny as hell because food passes right through me. Any advice on how to deal with a flare and fever and chills?

Thank you

Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
(female)

Iron Tam HB User
Re: My 2nd Flare up!!!! Please help :(

Last summer the same thing happened to me and it was because I was allergic to the mesalamine drugs. As soon as I stopped taking them, I started feeling better. It was pretty scary and now whenever something feels "off" I immediately think of what new drugs I'm taking that could be causing the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

MsNica HB User
Re: My 2nd Flare up!!!! Please help :(

You need to call your Dr. ASAP. Fever that high indicates infection. They missed something in the hospital. Joint pain is normal with Crohn's, but the fever is not. Also getting this treated before it gets any worse is in your best intrest. You didn't mention medications so I assume you are not on any?

Closed Thread