It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
(male)

frustrated82 HB User
Angry Sharp shooting pain in stomach

i have been having severe stomach cramps for about 9 months now that have gradually been getting worse. It got so bad a month ago that i had to ring 999 and was in hospital for 6 days. They did a CT scan and have diagnosed me with chron's disease. They said that my upper bowel and lower stomach were inflamed and when i was trying to eat it has been causing the pain. I am now 3 weeks into a polymeric diet where i aim to drink up to 7 ensure plus milkshakes a day. The pain did subside but the last week it has come back. I now get a sharp, very intense shooting pain in my stomach that only eases when my stomach makes a loud rumbling noise. I am usually healthy aged 28, male, usually weighing around 11.5 stone, but i am currently about 8.5 stone. I am not currently on any medication until i see a gastro doctor at the enf of the month, only paracetamol and codine for the pain which no longer work. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this new pain and what i could do to treat it?

Last edited by frustrated82; 05-06-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
(female)

faefeverfan HB User
Re: Sharp shooting pain in stomach

Hey there. It sounds like you have ulcers in your stomach. I went through the same thing the first time around. I lost abunch of weight, was in constant pain, and had to drink shakes to survive. I would experience the pain and grumbling and tightness. My advice? Drink broth and gatorade instead of ensure. The shakes can be too heavy on your stomach, especially if they contain dairy. Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread