It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

Lindy77 HB User
Feeling a lil down

Iíve been having a flare up for almost 2 months now. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, then Iíve basically been in bed since Iíve gotten out. I still have your typical symptoms, including active bleeding despite being on Prednisone. It just feels like Iím never going to heal from this and have cabin fever. I would like my life back. Some of my friends are starting to not be in touch with me, which is depressing. I can understand it gets old every time they ask me how Iím doing and getting the same response for 2 months, so theyíve stopped asking. I try to down play it and switch the subject, but still. Obviously, I canít really go out anywhere (in too much pain, too tired, etc.) so Iím feeling kind of forgotten. Some of my friends just simply don't understand. Maybe Iím a little extra sensitive and tired of this whole thing, but what have yíall done to cope in situations like these?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

jujumcm HB Userjujumcm HB User
Re: Feeling a lil down

hey lindy, i was up in my parents house earlier and my father (the fibre junkie) started to lecture me again on physillium husk and the benifits etc. He said then after i cut him of "no need to tell me i've been batteling irritable bowel syndrome all my life". well you'd have to laugh or youd go mad. people dont understand. i've spent too much time explaining the disease to every1. try to stay positive. You will get better you just have to find whats right for you. some people say a bowel rest works well as it gives you time to heal. but im new to this disease so i know very little. remember you are not forgotten. you have this forum.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
(female)

Lindy77 HB User

Thanks jujumcm; I appreciate it.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User

Lindy I know how you feel, I had a bad flare that started before thanksgiving and put me in the ER. That actually caused me to go for more test and see I have a sever case of UC. For a very "alpha male" I have never felt do down on myself, but then I realized that if I don't think positive and try to accept the pain, blood and other symptoms it will only engulf your life.

It sucks that we have to pay attention to everything we eat and that we need a bathroom near by, but you know what... you still have your friends, you still have you life and you should live it. Don't talk to your friends and family about it every day, they are only going to be uncomfortable because they don't know how to help you. We are here for the complaining! LOL

Healing is just as much mental as it is physical, don't let this beat you....you know your stronger than this. We are here for you, but you need to be there for yourself....Good Luck!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

Lindy77 HB User

Lol. VERY true, SickinNJ. Some great advice there. Hope you're doing well

Closed Thread