It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
(female)

Kindworrier HB User
Any advice would be great

Hi,

As you can see by my name I'm a bit of a worrier and always seem to think the worst. I have been poorly now for 5 years Ive had pain and diahoria whenever i eat, Ive always been told that on paper Its crohn's disease I was stuck with the same nasty consultant for ages untill i decided id had enough and moved hospitals, Ive been having blood tests for a while and the inflammation markers have been up so they decided I needed another colonscopy, I had one 4 years ago but it came back normal. I had this one yesterday most of it was fine until i got alot of pain in the ileum they took about 7 biopsies and said it was unusual didnt look like "typical crohns" but it maybe a type of crohns they hadnt seen before they also said in my report under diagnosis "ileitis"they said under advice colon looks entirely happy. Intubation of the ileum caused lots of pain, the procedure up to that point had been tolerated very well. Appearences were unusual not typical IBD there was marked lymphoid hyperplasia with and almost nodular appearance I have said that these will be reviewed in the first instance before any further tests eg capsule or mri of the small bowel. Now am so worried, she didnt even mention cancer but thinking of an mri makes me think of cancer am only 24, I tried to go to my gp to ask but she didnt really say much she said it doesnt suggest that but Im just worried sick I couldnt sleep all night last night cant imagine 2-6 week wait for results any ideas anyone? sorry its so long I just needed to put all the details in.
Would they say if they thought it was would they know if it looked like it, she said it was like nothing she had seen before and I was a medical mystery she also said there was inflammation>
thankyou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
(female)

faefeverfan HB User
Re: Any advice would be great

Hey. I know it's hard not to panic, but living with bowel disease is something you just have to adjust to. At some point you just get tired of the stress, because it will always make your symptoms worse. You may have crohn's and colitis, and if left untreated, it is typical that there could be polyps and flat bumps inside your colon. And why didn't they knock you out for that procedure. Now here comes the hard part. Take a breath. Untreated bowel diseases can give you colon cancer. Keep breathing. However, I have talked with lots of people who have had successful surgeries and not had major relapses and lead normal lives. Just hang in there, be prepared without stressing yourself into a paper bag, and be optimistic. And keep on top of your condition. If you don't think the doctors are competent find new ones! Best of luck.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
(female)

Kindworrier HB User

hey thanks for the reply, am not sure about why they didnt knock me out, they gave me sedation and pethadene but I was very concious through out although now I cant remember any of it really no matter how hard I try hopefully will get results tomorrow thanks for your message, and also stress does seem to make it worse!!

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
(female)

lervin1 HB User

I had the procedure done with no meds and have been scared to do another one. I went to my dr today and he put me on sulfasalazine and I start out taking 2 a day for a week, the 2nd week I take 3 a day, and third week I take 4 a day. I dont have insurance so thats why he suggest this pill at the time. Ive had IBS for years, every since I had my gallbladder removed. I get stressed not knowing when my stomach is going to bother me when Im out and about.
Im new to this board so its good to see others that have the same problem and can talk about it.

Closed Thread