It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

hammer 403 HB User
vls #3 worked for me with uc

I am new to posting. I replied to a couple of posts but am starting this in hopes of reaching all interested. I was diagnosed with ulcerative proctitis that developed into uc over 20 years ago. I never had diarea just the opposite hardly any bm's mostly blood and mucus. During this long time I saw several gastros who put me on various protocols. I was able to get remission with Rowasa retention enemas. For some reason the generic of Rowasa did not work. So I continued with this I tried cutting back to use the enema weekly because of cost but I would begin to flare again. I knew Rowasa was an anti inflammatory so I continued to search for something to combat inflammatory. I tried several probiotics and I did feel better but never really improved my symptoms. I learned about mutaflor (ecoli nissle) and tried that. It didn't work for me. I then read about VSL #3. With the research out there on it I decided to give it a try. I began with 2 packets per day and added 2 T of metagenics glutagenics per day as well. This did not bring remission. I read more about VSL and decided to give their suggested dosage for active UC a one month try. It is expensive about $500.00 for the one month. But Rowasa is very expensive as well so I decided to give it a try. I took 8 packets/8T glutagenics per day spaced out in doses of 2 packets/2T glutagenics. I went from very active bm's of mostly blood and mucus to formed regular bm's in about 2 weeks. I continued the dose for one month then went to 4 packets 4T glutagenics per day for the next month. I now take 2 packets/2T glutagenics per day and continue to be in remission. This remission feels different than that with Rowasa. With Rowasa there was always a internal low backside pain on the left. This feels totally normal...regular daily bm's and I feel great. I hope this helps anyone because I really wished I had tried this sooner.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: vls #3 worked for me with uc

I am glad to see a thread on this Board where VLS3 has helped someone with UC.

I understand that it is prescribed in some areas of the country by Doctors and issurance will pay some copayment so that it's not that expensiveto the user.

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 06-16-2011 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Typos

Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #3
(male)

jden30 HB User

Curious. My 8 yr old daughter has UC. Bloody stools. We tried just about everything it seems, only thing that calms it down is high dose of steroid. We just started VLS#3. She does not like the taste and is difficult to get her to take it so far. Our insurance doesn't cover the 450billion packet but does cover the 900billion packet. Not sure why, but thought I'd share that. I'm wondering with active UC for a 50lb kid, how many packets should she take. I hope this works, don't want to remove her colon as doc is starting to suggest. I know doc said 1 (high dose) packet a day. But saw the studies for people taking the 8 packets (low dose) a day and was wondering if that should be dependent on weight. Any thoughts? Oh, and it is nice to read posts of some people having success with anything. Congrats.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

jden,

I suggest that you be conservative and start off with 1 packet daily and see the reaction. Stay on it for several days then increase it a packet at a time until you get positive results--- when the desired results are reached --- healing then stop.

Also, an extremely good homeopathic remedy to use is Calendula tablets 6X potency taken 4 times daily. You will have to buy it from a Homeopathic pharmacy online or by phone 3 tablets that dissolove under the tongue will be OK.

I wish your daughter well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-29-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Typos

Closed Thread