It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
(male)

phillypunk HB User
Weight in upper abdomen

Hi, I've had crohn's disease for 8 years now (I'm 20 years old) and for the past four I have been really good. In the past year I've been able to stop taking remicade and am currently not on any medication. For the past two months I've had this weight, this intermittent weight on my upper abdomen which has caused quite a bit of discomfort. This has also caused my heartrate to be elevated and I went to the emergency room two months ago because my heart rate was too high and the doctors couldn't get it down. I know crohns can cause upper abdoninal pain because of inflammatition in the stomach or esophagus, but is this how it presents? I'm scheduling an appoinment with my doctor to get it checked out, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience and what the treatments and outcomes if it is it?

Old 07-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
(female)

faefeverfan HB User
Re: Weight in upper abdomen

Hi there. I have experienced a really bad pressure in my upper abdomen, and it made it very difficult to breathe. When I described it to a friend, they said it could be vapor lock. But what I found is that it was either from stress, or when I ate something too fast, or the wrong kind of food. And as terrible as it sounds, the only way I could get relief was to throw up. (soooo not bulemic, trust me!) And if I didn't, it felt like my upper abdomen and lungs were in a vise, and, ya know, I can handle quite a bit of pain, but that always makes me cry. Anyway I hope this is helpful in some way. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
(male)

phillypunk HB User
Re: Weight in upper abdomen

Well after a couple months of this off and on, I finally got a diagnosis...Pneumonia. I had to go to the emergency room again a couple of weeks ago and when they did the x ray and cat scan, they saw the pneumonia. It was just barely visible and the doctors said I could have had it for months. I've been on antibiotics and now I feel great (except the diarrhea from the antibiotics which I think is giving me a flare), but thanks for the response, I hope you figure out what's wrong because that sounds pretty bad.

Closed Thread