It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

bettyboop28 HB User
Colonoscopy question

I know that this is an embarrasing question but i have a colonoscopy next tuesday and i am extremely nervous about it. More so about taking citrafleet. in fact the effects of the citrafleet are worrying me more than the procedure, i have heard that the more u eat leading up to the day you take it the worse the effects will be, and i have heard you are the toilet for hours, feel sick and have stomach pain. Is this true, an if so is there anything else i can take?

The following user gives a hug of support to bettyboop28:
hartsfieldl (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
(male)

hartsfieldl HB User
Re: Colonoscopy question

No questions are embarrassing for those of us who share this disease with you. You don't need to be too apprehensive about the prep. You're right that the prep is worse than the procedure, and I've had more than 10 of them. I haven't used citrafleet, but for my last two colonoscopies, I've used mobiprep and it's much easier than the golytely I used in the past. I would just follow the instructions from the doctor, and I wouldn't worry about eating more or less than normal. You do end up going to the bathroom quite a few times, but you're trying to clean everything out of your colon after all. I've never had to stay in the bathroom--just go when the urge strikes. I would stay home after drinking the prep. Like I said, I don't know how much you have to drink with citrafleet, but you'll be fine. You shouldn't take anything else along with the prep since the goal is to clear everything out so that the doc can get a good view. The procedure itself is easy in my experience, but I always get sedated for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboop28 View Post
I know that this is an embarrasing question but i have a colonoscopy next tuesday and i am extremely nervous about it. More so about taking citrafleet. in fact the effects of the citrafleet are worrying me more than the procedure, i have heard that the more u eat leading up to the day you take it the worse the effects will be, and i have heard you are the toilet for hours, feel sick and have stomach pain. Is this true, an if so is there anything else i can take?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
(male)

dallen4 HB User
Smile Re: Colonoscopy question

The prep is the worst part of the whole ordeal. I have had 3 colonoscopies and it really is no big deal. It's over in minutes and then you get to eat! Having diarrhea is not too abnormal if you have a bowel problem. Just keep drinking fluids(nothing red if they didn't tell you that already) and do everything they say to get it right the 1st time. Don't want to have to do it again if your system is cleaned out completely. Good luck and I hope you do well.

Last edited by dallen4; 08-16-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
(female)

txarmywife HB Usertxarmywife HB User

Quote:
Citrafleet, although not exactly tasty is one of the better preps. I have the hardest time with the gallon go-lightly (how every you spell it). Its so yucky and just a lot of volume to drink of disgustingness. The citrafleet is best when cold and chugged and at least for me, once I get it down the worse is over. It does make you empty out (as it's indended) but not any worse than you probably already are experiencing with GI issues. You should take it once you are able to be home and have access to a restroom. Best of luck

Last edited by txarmywife; 08-17-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
(female)

bettyboop28 HB User

thankyou for replying it has calmed me down, i think i am going to have to just chug it and see, im at home all day and off work for a day after so im hoping everything will be ok. Just hope my partner doesnt need the loo very much that day :-) thankyou again

Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
(female)

bettyboop28 HB User

Have taken my citrafleet but because my hands were shaking i spilt a bit n quite a bit still went in the cup still however ive yet to go. ive heard different people go at different times but i dnt want it to not work.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
thankyou for replying it has calmed me down, i think i am going to have to just chug it and see, im at home all day and off work for a day after so im hoping everything will be ok. Just hope my partner doesnt need the loo very much that day :-) thankyou again

Hi, Ive had two Colonoscopys and its no problem .
I cant remember what medication I had to take and yes you do go to the toilet a lot. After the first couple of bowel movements the rest is just like liquid.
I went about my normal duties and never had to bolt to the toilet, I did remain at home that day just in case.
The lighter you eat before the medication the better, be sure to do exactly as you are advised with the diet.
One thing I will say you feel wonderful after your(C) as you are cleaned out thoroughly. Good Luck, Solofelix.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #8
(female)

bettyboop28 HB User

Nothings happened yet im a light eater anyway cause otherwise get intergestion etc so mayb thats why its taking a while. have to have another sachet tomorrow at 5am but as u say im sure i will feel alit lighter after lol

Closed Thread