It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
(female)

el_9_el HB User
Ulcerative Colitis and Pancreatitis

Hi everyone,
I have been suffering from recurrent acute pancreatitis. I had one really painful attack in November 2009 and was fine until ~2 months ago and I've had 3 attacks since. I had my gall bladder removed but it was normal. During the last 2 months I've also had blood and mucus in my stools and eventually convinced the doctors to investigate it. I found out that I have left-sided colitis. I have read about how pancreatitis and colitis can be related but would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experienced both. Did the pancreatitis resolve with prednisone treatment?
I'm tired of feeling so sick and have also lost a lot of weight.
Looking forward to hearing any stories.
Cheers,
El

Old 08-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
(female)

PeaceNLove7 HB User
Re: Ulcerative Colitis and Pancreatitis

Hello....I have exactly the same and i feel like my diseases is one of kind since im only 24 years old...please talk to me..thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
(female)

el_9_el HB User

Hi PeaceNLove,
Is your pancreatitis idiopathic as well, or is there a known/suspected cause? I actually got 10 months relatively pain free after having my gall bladder out but have had 3 pancreatitis attacks in the last month. I'm devastated that the pancreatitis has come back because it's hard to plan anything, work properly or have a life if I have to go to hospital all the time. My colitis seems to be somewhat under control at the moment without having to have prednisone at all, yet.
What are your symptoms?
El

Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
(male)

lcorbin1 HB User

im reading what all of yall are saying and im getting worried. im 27 yearsold and i just got out out of the hospital after a four dat stay for pancreatitis colitis and i dont know what will happen from here. the GI has taken a biopsy but i dont know what they are looking for or what i have to look forward to in the future with this condition.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
(male)

Bogboy82free HB User

I have mild colitiis and went to ER complaining of blood in stools. However I had no pain whatsoever. My lipase levels were 4x higher than normal level, amylase not much. I had 2 ct scans, one with and without constrast. Ultrasound was normal. ER docs diagnosed me with acute pancreaititis. However my gastro think it was a fluke with no underlying cause. I tested for genes and all were negative.

Just weird, that was 3 years ago. Lipase levels been normal for 3 years.

Reply Reply