It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Crohn's disease symptoms?

Hello, usually I am on the arthritis/diabetes/fibro boards but it was suggested to post here. I have had IBS since 1988 and for the past 4 years have had 4 or so flares each year that are extremely painful and end up with the urge to go but mainly bright red blood mixed with mucous comes out, and then diarrhea all day and night mixed with blood. This will go on for 2-3 days and then eventually taper off. I have now noticed when I have these flares that they coincide with an arthritis flare and some kind of stressful event in my life. I have had several colonoscopies over the years, polyps one time, but this past year all was clear so it is not hemrrhoids (sp) or polyps at least in the lower colon. My friend's husband has crohn's and she is concerned b/c I have all the same symptoms as he does. Fortunately I have a doc appt. Wednesday, so will discuss this as I have spent this past weekend weak, and sick with this. It makes me so tired when this happens and miserable feeling of course. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

Saddie098 HB User
Re: Crohn's disease symptoms?

Hi mim

I have had crohns dz for 48 years, thank goodness I have learned through trial and error how to cope. Diet, and stress are the worst. I have stayed away from dairy products and red meat which is hard to digest, and for stress I listen to my headphones of claming voices or music. Do you get B-12 shots? I just seen my Gastro yesterday, the 26th and I have 1cc each month, that really helps with the fatigue. I use a heating pad on my tummy for the pain (low heat). These are just a few suggestions that help me through a flare up. Hope this might help you during one of your flares. I also just eat soft foods or clear liquids to help with many trips to the bathroom, remember to drink alot of water. Good luck and I hope these few tips help you. But if you don't get B-12 shots you might ask your Gastro or Doctor about it, they have really help me stay on top of that weary fatigue feeling....

Last edited by Administrator; 03-30-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread