It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
(female)

Gucci HB User
Imuran aka Azathioprine

Hi there,

Just wondering if any UC sufferers have been put on this drug? It has just been given to me a week ago and for 3 days "NO BLOOD". I hear that 30 percent of people can not take it for genetic reasons only, if you are one of those people you are in pain.
any comments?

G

Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
(female)

louise1956 HB User
Re: Imuran aka Azathioprine

I tried to take Imuran when nothing else would help me go into a remission from my UC. I was on it for two weeks and was only doing so-so with the flare so my GI raised the dosage. I was on the higher dosage 3 days and started breaking out in bumps all over, my eyes swelled shut and I started having severe pain in my back, nausea and was unable to eat for two days. I couldn't even lay down. I slept sitting up at the dining table with my head on a pillow on the table. My husband took me to the ER where I was admitted for pancreatitis and something called Sweet's syndrome. I was a mess and spent 11 days in the hopital. Imuran just wasn't for me.....On the other hand I know several people who have had wonderful results with Imuran. They have gone into remission and are doing very well. My body has made several other changes since then. I am now unable to tolerate fish products, crab and clams although I have eaten prawns, lobster and shrimp with no bad effects. I don't know the cause...it is because I am older, or because I had surgery for colectomy and j-pouch revision and now my colonless body can no longer tolerate them? With I knew. If you need to bounce things off me, please feel free to ask or just vent. Hugs Louise 1956

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread