It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
(male)

mjz734 HB User
Treatments for gastroduodenal Crohn's

My 11 year old just got diagnosed with gastroduodenal Crohn's. He's started Pentasa. I understand that Pentasa has a PH sensitive coating and is designed to be released in the small bowel. That's fine with what's going on in his small bowel, but to me, that won't help with what he has going on in his stomach. Since mesalamine works topically, has anyone ever heard of someone breaking open some of the capsules and taking them with yogurt? If I can get this medicine into his stomach, maybe this will help. Any other ideas? I've also read a clinical trial that shows mesalamine along with sachromyces boulardii works better than mesalamine alone. Any one heard or read this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Crohn's diease natural cures/treatments Michaelbuble Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 10 12-29-2011 03:31 AM
Ulcerative colitis and crohn's disease marypar Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 12 04-16-2008 07:59 PM
Crohn's disease, my story... adamwalkley Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 0 11-01-2007 07:26 PM
Crohn's Disease Sgibbs Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 3 01-23-2007 02:57 PM
Crohn's and azathioprine Sharon76 Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis 9 06-02-2006 08:57 PM