It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

pollylolly HB User
Can't Eat Solids

I've been having some on-going problems throughout the year with pain in my right-upper quadrant after eating (along with some vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss etc). I suspected I had a food intolerance so I got tested. The food intolerance test said I was intolerent to dairy (as well as a few other things) so I cut out dairy products (and used some pro-biotics as well). After a few weeks of minimal dairy, my stomach felt a lot better. I wasn't vomiting any more, I only got occasion diarrhea and the pain was minimal (and I only got it occasionally) - more of a mild discomfort, rather than serious pain. It seemed logical, therefore, that the problems were caused by dairy, so I didn't go in for any further testing like ultrasounds, barium swallow etc

Anyway, for the past few weeks, I've had a major problem with lack of appetite, early satiety and major bloating (and mild pulsing under the rib - normally on the centre -right side, but sometimes on the centre-left). I brought it down to the fact that it was probably just a mild reaction to the types of foods I'd been eating during the holiday season (I'd been attending a lot of Christmas functions - "drinks and nibble" events etc) and didn't think much of it.

Now, I'm getting a little more concerned because now I can't eat solids! When I eat solids (regardless of dairy content), I get pain and severe nausea. My appetite is still very poor too. I've been making smoothies and protein shakes so I can get some nutrition, but I'm worried about what it could be. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread